The Girl that kept her Promise.

[ This is a re-upload of Holo-Madness's deleted New Year chapter.]

Turning off my computer after a two hours stream, I sloppily push myself while on my chair away from the computer, then release a long sigh as I stretch my limbs to relax myself.

" That was... exhausting..."

Taking out my pocket mirror, I sluggishly observe my looks. One thing that never changes is my never changing dull appearance.

" ... "

I force out a smile in front of the mirror.

" ...I guess I look cute. Other than that, there's nothing else to compliment about..."

' Maybe Kronii can give me a different response?'

Taking out my phone, I dial my close friend: Ouro Kronii.

Kronii: " Eh? Mumei? What's up?"

I take a photo of myself smiling and immediately send it to Kronii before responding.

" Did you receive the photo I sent you?"

Without even noticing it, I already find myself hugging my knees while sitting on my chair as I'm currently talking to my friend.

Kronii: " Photo? Oh, here it is."

I can hear a subtle noise of water splashing while talking to Kronii on the phone. I can assume that she just dipped herself inside her bathtub as we speak.

" What do you think of the photo? I'd like to hear your thoughts about it."

Kronii: " Why of course, you look cute smiling like that. Not in my level of cuteness yet but you're not far off behind!" - I can hear her giggling behind the call.

' Cute, huh? The exact same opinion I had of myself... I know I should be thankful, but why am I a little bit disappointed by her response?'

My smile subconsciously turns to a frown.

" Thank you, Kronii. I'll let you do your business now. I'll see you here at the headquarters tomorrow."

I hover my finger over the end call button, but immediately stop when Kronii called out my name.

Kronii: " Wait, Mumei! Before you end the call, let me send you something first!"

A few seconds later, she sends me a photo of her smiling while she's currently submerged inside her bathtub. Her breasts are just floating above the water like they're a pair of floaties.

Kronii: " What do you think? - hehe..."

...

...

...

" Can you float in the water with those huge breasts of yours?" - I ask her curiously.

Kronii: " I'm not talking about my breasts, Mumei!"

" Huh? Then what was the photo you sent me for?"

Kronii: " I want to hear your opinion about my gorgeous smile! I'm just returning the favor after you sent me yours a few minutes ago!"

" Oh... Yeah, I forgot about that... I didn't even notice you smiling in the photo..."

Kronii: " Gosh, your attention span is almost none existent; you get distracted way too easily!"

' And because I keep getting distracted, I keep forgetting important things...'

I bring my legs back down, supposedly losing my energy to keep our conversation going.