Chapter 2

'I almost froze her... That was close.' Todoroki Shoto thought, feeling guilty and worried about Hagakure Toru after eavesdropping on the girl's and Ojiro's conversation.

Ignoring Yuga Aoyama's voice asking random students where was he, he couldn't neglect the sudden headache that has been over his head since fighting the villain in USJ. Though somehow he managed to stand on his footing and able to survive the attack. He messaged his forehead a bit, trying to ease the pain.

"Are you okay, Todoroki?" Shoto looks to his left and spots his classmate, Yaoyorozu Momo walking toward him.

"Just a headache." He grunted.

Then why is he seeing red? With an iron smell along?

"Todoroki?!" Momo called out to him and he saw her move backward in fright while looking above them. Peeking up, he saw a spiral. And red metallic continued to drop on his pretty face.

Gasp and shouting can be heard around him, telling him to move and things about danger. But Todoroki only found himself frozen, standing like a rock as his face get wetter by blood.

His eyes are glued to the spiral, as the pain is getting stronger and his head feels like it would explode.

He felt his butt sting as he fell backward to the ground and was choked out of the air as a heavy body fell on top of him. All he could see was a person in red with a strong smell of blood. Shoto gagged at the sight just before he passed out from exhaustion.

.

.

.

Shoto heaves a heavy breath as he kept on pouncing his fist into the air. The sun glistened brightly on top of his head, and his shirt got wetter from all the sweat.

He swiftly thrust two more blows upfront, followed by a swift duck as if his imaginary opponent just sent him a punch. Like any martial arts classes he had taken so far, he follows every movement perfectly due to his regular training.

Then only for a sudden and short moment, a portrait flashed in his head.

The girl from that day, red everywhere.

He winced. Why did she suddenly appear in his head?

Ever since Shoto awoke from his short coma, he had never heard any news about the girl.

Her sudden appearance was a mystery, and none of his teachers ever said anything about her. Even the investigated villains, claimed they know nothing about her nor the out-of-nowhere spiral.

What was mysterious regarding himself more, was that he was more worried about her well-being, which is weird.

The girl was someone unfamiliar. Shoto was sure he had never seen her before. But he got a gut that she was faintly familiar and connected to him.

A long-lost family, perhaps?

'Does that bastard have a secret chi-'

"Shoto." Upon hearing the sudden voice calling his name, Shoto tilted his head to the engawa and spotted a buffed man with red hair, similar to his half on the left.

"What?"

"Get ready, we're going to the hospital." The man, who is Shoto's father said as he put on his watch.

"why?" Shoto hates it when it comes to talking to his bastard of a father, but he can't help but get curious.

"That girl just woke up and we're needed there."

The boy's mismatched eyes of turquoise and grey widen a little.

"And why 'we'? She got nothing to do with you." He retorted.

The father, Todoroki Enji inwardly sighed, ignoring the fact that his son is displeased with his presence. "Not my choice since the police are the ones who begged me to go there."

.

..

...

"So you're saying your name is Todoroki Aoi?" Seikagi Ryuiichi, a doctor in his late twenties asked.

"Yes." The girl hoarsely speaks.

Her face held a wary expression, he noted. Doubtful too. And her sat posture even though seems polite, she's sitting from the left foot, her body tense and ready all the time, as if she's waiting for something to strike.

What's she so tense of? He wonders.

"Okay then, Miss Todoroki, I need you to stay calm and lie down. You might hurt your body more after this." The brunette doctor calmly asked. 

"I'm fine." The ravenette girl argued. Ryuiichi huffed a displeased air. 'Stubborn'

He can't back off from this. As a doctor, it was his responsibility to keep his patients safe. "Miss Todoroki, Im sorry but you have to lie down no matter what. When you were first admitted to the hospital, you were critically damaged and presumably have no hope to continue your life. I am your doctor and just so you know I only want what is best for you as you are my patient." Ryuiichi argued back firmly. His brown eyes staring a firm yet a gentle look toward the girl's in assurance. "So please, miss, lie down and never take off the wires carelessly ever again."

Even though the girl seems reluctant, she complied with his request and let him attach the wires back to her arms.

While doing so, Ryuiichi can't forget the way she reacted when she first saw the nurse.

As if the nurse is the prey, and she's the hunter. It happened in a blink of an eye. The way She immediately jumped on the nurse despite her weak body and her right hand seems to rush for something on her waist, only to find that something is not where it was supposed to be.

And if it weren't for Eraserhead who arrived in time, the poor nurse probably would be dead.

Ryuiichi sees in her eyes that were painted with turquoise color. That used to hold thousands of tears. Anything about her now matches that she's like a samurai, a fighter, just with no sword. Despite her body condition injured and weak, she seems strong enough to strike and rip off his head in a second and her eyes are similar to the one that intends to kill, yet dubious.

"Miss Todoroki, these two men are Underground Pro Hero, Eraserhead, and Detective Tsukauchi." Ryuiichi motioned his hand toward the messily dark-haired man sitting at the corner of the room then a man in a brown beige coat. "They're gonna ask you some questions. Can you cooperate with them?"

The girl warily nodded, perhaps she's too tired to even talk. But then she's also sharp, never let down her guard.

Ryuiichi heaves a sigh. His hand brushed againts his brown hair as he scratch his unitchy head.

"We'll take it from here." Tsukauchi took the girl's patience record from Ryuiichi's hand.

"Do what you have to." The doctor nodded and gave his space to the detective who just arrived minutes ago before proceeding to leave the room, leaving the cautious girl alone with fully bandaged pro hero Eraserhead, and The Detective.