Chapter 3

'Demon'

The words screamed in her head as Aoi immediately jumped on the 'demon' that had horns on its head. She kicked the demon using her left knee, hitting it on its upper arm. A small 'crack' sound was heard before the demon hit the wall with a loud 'bang'.

'Why!?'

The demon let out a loud wail as it clutched its cracked horn while tears fell down its cheeks.

'I thought we won!'

'All those fights...

...all those innocent deaths...'

Her bandaged shoulder was harshly yanked and she was met with a pair of dark brown eyes.

"Had it all been pointless?!"

She didn't even realize of tears streaming down her face. Ignoring the pain of her reopened wounds, she devastatingly wailed, stomping her feet in dissatisfaction. "Why? Why? WHY?!"

Sights of horns... and any of those equivalent to those vile creatures, nauseate her.

Tears slipped down her cheeks, as the brown-eyed owner could only try to put pressure on her reopened wounds and raise his voice to get attention.

"miss? Miss?! MISS?!"

She felt herself grow weak in their grip, and her head throbbed in pain. She felt like going to sleep once again. But she knows well that lowering her guard in the presence of a demon would lead to a terrible end.

So, by any means, She can't fall.

With her weak body, She weakly attempted to push the brown-eyed man who was frantically trying to calm her down.

"Move!.. And run..." Her turquoise eyes stared dagger at the sobbing demon who tried to wake up. "I'll handle this demon."

She charged at the demon, before suddenly tightly wrapped up in a bind cloth. her face met with cold white tiles as she was pounced by a heavy footprint on top of her back.

"Don't you dare to hurt more people, villain." She heard a gruff voice say.

...

..

.

.

..

...

.

"I know you're just doing your job, Aizawa. But that doesn't mean you can just kick a patient!"

"On my defense, She harmed the civilian first."

"Well- ugh..." 

Aoi glanced at the doctor and the man who crushed her minutes ago from the corner of her eyes. She currently was placed on the bed and was forced to rest and not move by the white coat wearer himself, albeit she didn't want to but still obeyed since she was so weak and tired from moving too much after just waking up from a long slumber.

But she can't peacefully just sleep, not with the unpleasant air lingering in that room. Smells of antiseptic, a little bitter, with undertones of the artificial fragrance contained in soaps and cleaners, like those the kakushis would use to clean up the demons' or blood traces.

And the fact that there are still demons alive and- for god sake, able to wander under the sun? On top of them, unscathed? Just what joke is the world trying to pull on her now?

Thinking back, the demon that she saw and did damage to earlier, was very different. 

The reason why she attacked her, was because they don't smell humans like those she had been with. But at the same time, she realized they also didn't smelt demons.

No trace of bloodlust, anger, or even desire to devour its prey. instead, they got serene, peace, and sympathy, that even plastered on her face.

'This place... is so weird...'

  Sometimes her turquoise would sharply glance at the cat-headed person behind the doctor, who currently busied himself writing on what she had no idea. Look, a cat. A human (Probably) but with a cat head. This is nuts! Insane, even. This may be some test before going to heaven, or hell, but it felt so real as if she didn't just die after the war.

Now she wondered, how is everyone? Her memories may be rusty sometimes, but she still remembered who died and who did not.

'Did we really win? How come there are still demons (Is it?) still lingering around? Did Tanjiro perhaps not 100% a human yet? Maybe somehow he still got a demon in him and went rampage? Oh no, If it's true then what happened? Does the 'Demon Slayer Corps' still active?!'

Her inner thoughts were cut off by a presence walking toward her. It's the doctor. "Miss Todoroki, these two men are Underground Pro Hero, Eraserhead, and Detective Tsukauchi." the doctor motioned his hand toward the messily dark-haired man sitting at the corner of the room then a man in a brown beige coat who just arrived seconds ago. "They're gonna ask you some questions. Can you cooperate with them?"

She shifted her gaze toward the perpetrator who slammed her to the floor and saw him staring dagger at her before nodding. "yes."

And that's how she found herself annoyed with the so-called 'detective' Tsukauchi Naomasa. The man would ask her question after question multiple times which was slowly getting on her nerves. For god sake, there are demons roaming around! And she can't even do her job since she's stuck here wasting time. What the hell is "detective" anyway?

And he would go;

"What is your name, Miss?"

"Todoroki Aoi."

"Sorry, what was your name again?"

"Todoroki Aoi."

"...Okay. So how old are you?"

And so on.

She couldn't find any sort of reasonable reason to do this, for these loads are totally a waste of time. Didn't that hot doctor already tell him her name? Gosh, maybe this guy is just totally stupid.

Yes, Aoi did find that doctor hot. Brown eyes are just charming.

She found herself irked with this whole ordeal of the situation but managed to keep her calm at bay. As the saying goes; like a river flowing to a rock. Not her words, But Giyuu's.

The picture of her friend and mentor popped into her mind and she wonder, did he survive the war?

'If he did, I hope he's not lonely...' She solemnly thought.

She could only inwardly sigh for the countless times. This Detective Tsukauchi really is annoying to some degree. She rarely has this kind of emotion, but who else is to blame when the girl just wants to sleep and have a deep slumber to replenish her energy?

But then it's her fault too for moving around and getting slammed on the floor that hurt so much like bitc-

"Miss Todoroki, I called someone to inform him about your condition and they just arrived here to meet you." The detective tucked a rectangular screen into his pocket and speak to her in a nonchalantly calm tone. "I don't really know the story or what happened, so I'll give you guys a room to talk."

Of course you don't know, we never even met. is what she wanted to say but decided to against it when the man just nodded and left the room after the black-haired hobo and the cat.

Aoi just sighed, foots going back and forth as she stared at the white ceiling, wondering when she can just leave this whole mess.