˚˖✧ 𝟎𝟕

Paris, France

𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄 up surprisingly late due to the sleepless night you had. Dreams about your ex and everything - will it ever stop?

As soon as you wake up you check the clock. Kylian should be home from training already. You are honestly a little surprised since you haven't received a message from him yet - he usually always texts you when you wake up.

You call him, wanting him to come over. But when he picks up, he seems to be busy.

"Hey, what's up?", he says, his voice abstracted.

"Kylian? Who's that?"

You frown at the female voice coming from Kylian's side of the line.

"No one, Esme. Just a friend."

You take your phone away from your ear, clicking the end call button immediately. What was that?

Your expression is shocked as you stare at your black phone screen in silence. Did he just call you a no one? And he's meeting with a girl when he literally told you he won't anymore?

Apart from the fact that he told you he won't meet up with girls anymore - you are furious about him meeting with a girl when he literally had intercourse with you two days ago. Does that mean you're the same as his hookups in his eyes?

But that's exactly the thing about friends with benefits. They're not together. They're allowed to see other people.

Esme.

Wasn't that the girl he talked about a few days ago, before all that stuff happened between the two of you?

Just as you are about to get up, your phone starts ringing once again. You look at the Caller ID for a while without doing anything, until you pick up.

"Mon amour? Are you okay?"

You want to tell him to leave you alone and never speak to you again - but is it really your business what he does? He's not yours and you're not his, after all.

"Yeah."

Your voice is stable for once, your tone convincing.

"Why did you call?"

"Wrong number."

"Who did you want to call, then?"

Why does he care? And why is he calling you back, anyway? Shouldn't he be hanging out with... his girl?

"A friend."

"Oh. Alright, I'll come over."

"What? No."

But Kylian cuts you off by ending the call. To say you're confused is truly understated.

Nevertheless, you get up and get ready - you didn't want him to find you in your pj's.

Soon after that, you let Kylian in. He sits on your sofa, his arms stretched out left and right on the backrest of the sofa.

"So, what do you want?"

You look at him, your expression confused as you sit down next to him.

"What?"

"Come on, I know you did not call the wrong number."

You look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Tell me, mon amour."

"Who's that girl you were with?"

Kylian looks at you thoughtfully, but then he smirks at you.

"Ahh, I get it now. You're jealous. Again."

"No, why would I be? We're not dating. You can do whatever you want," you say, but as you speak you're not able to hold the eye contact anymore, hence why you look away.

"Is that so?"

You can feel his gaze on you and you immediately feel uncomfortable.

"I called you because I wanted you to come over, okay? But then I heard... what's her name again? Esme, I think. I'm asking out of curiousity."

"Yeah? Well she invited me over."

You lift your head to face him as you clench your teeth.

"Why is that?"

"That's not your business, is it? We're not dating after all."

You frown, a furious expression on your face.

"Just tell me, Ky! You used to tell me everything..."

"I used to before this happened!"

"Oh, and whose fault is that? Not mine for sure!"

Kylian gets up, looking down at you.

"If you weren't so stubborn, we would be dating now and everything would be fine."

"Don't you understand? I don't want to be one of your hookups!"

Kylian shakes his head in disbelief.

"I love you, okay? I'm trying to change for you!"

Your eyes widen at his words and you look at him speechlessly.

"What?"

Kylian sits down again, looking into your eyes. His expression is now softer than it was before.

"I love you, mon amour."

Your heart beats uncontrollably inside of your chest.

"Why were you with Esme, then?"

Kylian sighs.

"She didn't invite me over. I met her randomly and she wanted to meet up again, but I told her about you."

"Oh... then, why did you say I was a nobody?"

"I did that to tease you."

He grins at you as he brushes your hair back to take a better look at your face. You don't know what to say - you're just embarrased about overreacting so much. And he also just confessed his love to you.

"I better get going now," he says after a while of silence, but you take his hand quickly, intertwining your fingers with his.

"Stay."