Evil Intentions

"Alexis you have done well. You will soon be rewarded. I think Zack and Cody are almost ready for the merge." Dr. Olsen says as he is walking with Alexis later at night.

"But father-" Alexis then gets cut off by Dr. Olsen.

"Enough. I do not want to hear another word about that boy. Now go to bed. I have work to do." Dr. Olsen says as he walks off as Alexis gives a sad look.

*Timeskip*

Later as is walking past Dr. Olsen's office she soon sees Zack and Cody trying to get into his laptop.

"I can't crack it. Maybe he has the password lying around somewhere." Cody says.

"He doesn't." Alexis says.

"Alexis?" Zack asks in surprise.

"This isn't what it looks like." Cody says nervously.

"It looks like you've caught on to what's happening around here. I know the password. move aside." Alexis says as she unlocks the computer and pulls up files on the project.

"Oh here we go. Stage one the physical connection. Stage two the emotional connection. Stage three. The merge." Cody says.

"Okay. During the merge the twins become one. No longer individuals, their identities consolidated into a single self, able to be controlled. Even not knowing what that means I know it's not good." Zack says worriedly.

"It gets worse. After all the twins become one my father intends to use a fourth stage to control everyone under one voice." Alexis says.

"I hear a single voice. It's saying run!" Zack says as he is eating some fruit.

"We've got to free all those other twins. And most important we have to avoid eating any more of that fruit. Which you are eating now!" Cody says as he and Zack bicker.

"Guys this isn't the time for arguing. We have to get out of here. Now." Alexis says.

"Oh quite the contrary. I think you should stay for a little while." A voice says revealing to be Dr. Olsen.

*Timeskip*

"So. You know about the merge." Dr. Olsen says.

"Great stuff." Cody says.

"Great stuff." Zack says as Alexis and Cody look at him.

"And apparently you've discovered the next phase. The hive mind." Dr. Olsen says.

"Groundbreaking research. You know I'd really love to stick around and talk about it." Cody says as Zack continues to repeat stuff.

"Look at that. A half merge. A delay from the one to the other. It's astounding! It's a little annoying, but it's astounding." Dr. Olsen says.

"Dad please just let them go." Alexis says pleadingly.

"Silence. I will deal with you later. You can forget ever becoming normal after this little stunt." Dr. Olsen says angrily.

"Normal?" Cody asks curiously.

"In exchange to help me I offered to turn her normal. Give her a normal life." Dr. Olsen says.

"You call this normal?" Zack asks.

"It seemed like a good deal at the time. But he hasn't done anything yet. It was after he finished his project." Alexis says ashamed.

"She changed her mind because she developed feelings for your lesser twin Mr. Martin. Now she will pay the price for her disloyalty." Dr. Olsen says.

"Dr. Olsen if you let us go. We won't tell anyone what we saw here." Cody says.

"I can't do that. Your participation in this work is far too important. Wait a minute. Are you reading each other's minds? Stop doing that!" Dr. Olsen says angrily before Zack and Cody make a break for it while Zack grabs Alexis and pulls her along as the group runs to get away from Dr. Olsen.