19 (V)

2265 words

POV: Valentina

The day after Ale and I's horrible day together, I decided to just ignore him yesterday.

I guess that was the right move to make because he didn't speak to me or do anything to make me feel bad.

Or not explicitly at least.

I don't understand how he could go from a man who couldn't keep his hands off of me, to whatever this was.

Going downstairs to repeat yesterday's routine, I saw the man of the hour, standing by the door for me.

When he saw me, he showed the slightest bit of emotion.

I looked horrible.

The worst I had been in years.

I was up all of last night crying because of Ale and also because of my PTSD attacks, which have worsened and made a comeback.

My eyes were probably swollen and bright red.

My hair was a rat's nest and I didn't have the energy to take care of myself to bother brushing it.

My outfit was a gross, unwashed shirt of mine that I found on the floor, matched with sweatpants in a similar state.

I didn't want to wear my usual clothing because they were all too tight on me and showed too much.

I looked fat in them.

I felt insecure in them.

This outfit could hide my disgusting figure.

Ale's face however went back to his emotionless one and he just turned around in silence as we walked to the car.

~

Arriving at Columbia, I took out the sunglasses I brought to hide my ugly face.

Thankfully, no one cared about me enough to pay attention to my horrid state, and that made me feel a little better.

I mumbled to Ale after class that I was going to the bathroom, not waiting for a response.

After doing my business I was at the sink washing my hands.

"Well look who it is." A familiar, gross voice said.

Can I stop encountering this girl in bathrooms?

I decided to just ignore her.

"We're feeling mute today, I see. Well I just want to let you know I absolutely love the outfit you have going on. The whole 'I'm a mess' vibe and homeless energy? I'm totes living for it!"

She's not even wrong so I can't say I'm all that offended by that.

"Well, it looks like Mr. Body Guard finally got sick of your ass." Cecelia screeched out.

I tried not flinching at that, but I did, and Cecelia saw that small movement of mine and a sinister look took over her face.

"Ah, it seems I'm right. Don't say I didn't tell you so. Honestly though, I don't blame Alejandro. He needs a real woman. Not some sissy, barely legal, little girl who can't even speak properly. You would've thought since you're basically a child, you'd have a childlike body, but you don't. You just look like a fatass. Like choose a struggle? I can literally see the weight gain girly. It's not cute. It's really not a surprise Alejandro dropped your ass. I would've too if I was him. I'd be embarrassed to be seen with you."

Not letting Cecelia say another word, I simply ran out of the bathroom, hearing her cackles.

Everything Cecelia said was every single insecurity of mine.