goodbye my love I

Two months had went by since that day. Zhongli had been cured of his Claroyancy and was back to his duties. Florentia had yet to visit Y/N and Xiao, but time would soon tell of her visit.

Y/N was currently laying down on Xiao's bed, which had now became their shared bed after Xiao had the servants move all of Y/N's belongings and clothes into his room. A book laid in her hands as she wanted to pass time while Xiao was taking a bath after finishing his patrolling duties.

She was reading a particular scene of the main couple in the book. The female lead had been hurt while she was out on a mission, and the male lead had caught her in her vulnerable state. He was enraged at the fact that she was hurt and he demanded to know who had hurt her. Simply to say, she was a sucker for enemies to lovers.

"What are you smiling about over there?" Xiao asked.

"Nothing," She smiled and marked the page with a bookmark Xiao made for her, closing it and placing it on the table.

When Y/N turned to look at Xiao, her eyes visibly widened and she blushed, moving her hands to cover her eyes. "Why didn't you tell me you were half-naked?!"

"You've seen me half-naked before," Xiao stated. "Well, fully naked technically."

His hair was visibly wet as water droplets dropped from his hair and to the floor. There were water droplets on his body as well, and they had trailed down to where the towel covered.

"Still!" She protested with her eyes still covered.

Xiao let out a small chuckle as he moved to sit by Y/N's legs. He grabbed her right arm and pulled it away from her face, kissing her fingertips.

"Xiao, what're you doing?" She asked, moving her head to look away from him.

However, Xiao grabbed her by her jaw and moved her to look at him again. Their eyes locked onto each other and Y/N's heart raced at his action.

"Don't look away, I'm your soon-to-be husband," Xiao said.

Y/N let out a squeal as she unintentionally kicked her legs out of his cheesy actions, "What's gotten into you today?"

"I'm just happy," Xiao told her. "I realised that I want to marry you as soon as possible, but I promised you I'd wait until you were 21."

"Let's get married then," Y/N told him. "My birthday is in a week. Let's get married three weeks after."

"Are you sure?" Xiao asked, trying to stop the smile that wanted to break out on his face.

"Mhm," Y/N nodded her head. "I want to get married to you quickly too."

Xiao could finally let out the smile that he had resisted against and slotted his lips to hers, smiling through it. Y/N let out a satisfied hum as she smiled as well, kissing him back with just as much desire he showed.

"I'll tell Father and Lady Ningguang immediately then."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ─────

"Y/N, wake up."

Y/N let out a groan as she turned around, hiding her face in her pillow. "Five more minutes."

"It's your special day today, my love."

Xiao looked down at the still sleeping Y/N and gently shook her body, wanting her to wake up. He let out a pout when she didn't budge and decided to use his final resort. He had learnt from Hu Tao, who used to do this method every time to wake him up back when they were younger.