Caught (1/2) || 16

uhm sorry but let aera be younger than most of her friends.

___

"c'mon, aera, we're all going! it'll be fun, i promise!" jake emphasizes, holding the girl's hand tightly in his, staring at her eyes with his desperate ones.

"yes, aera, please don't ruin the fun," one of the girls pout at her, clinging onto her boyfriend's arm while aera gulps under pressure, trying to ignore the hopeful eyes of her friends, all staring at her in anticipation to hear a yes.

aera thinks and thinks, but all that her mind comes up with is an image of jungkook being mad at her for doing this. he would simply never agree to let aera go to a party, especially to the one which is in a club with all kinds of people there. aera sighs deeply, nibbling on her lower lip as her eyes meet jake's, then clay's, who nods as well, gesturing her to agree.

of course they wanted to go, she knew it. riah and jake have been excited about the party ever since last week when one of their friends told them about it. soomin too did a good job convincing and hyping clay up for the saturday night and leave his boring assignments aside for one night. the girls even had their dresses ready and now all that was actually left for the group was to get aera to join them.

"you're just too afraid of your brother," one of the boys sigh, "leave her guys. it's okay if she doesn't wanna join,"

"but it's gonna be fun!" another girl says, hugging aera from the side and looks at her face, "please, aera, let's goooo! just this once!"

"yeah, we won't be sixteen again! i'm already on the verge of being seventeen! god!" another girl pretends to cry.

"let's go," jake whispers to her, "it'll be awesome, i swear,"

"i... i don't know," aera sighs, crossing her arms on her chest as she sits back at her place, not minding when her friends crowd around her, "jungkook won't let me go,"

"it's all about your brother, huh?" one of the boys mutters to himself, his hands on his hips as he thinks for a second and soon breaks into a smirk, "what if he doesn't come to know?"

another gasps at the idea, nodding his head and the girls squeal in excitement, "yes! he doesn't have to know!"

"wha-" aera frowns, instantly being interrupted by someone else.

"you have to sneak out, aera. one of us will pick you up from your place and the you can attend the party with us without any problem," jake says, glancing at the rest of the friends, who nod in approval of the idea.

"i guess, that will work," clay agrees as well, "i'll pick you up then,"

"yes, perfect!" riah beams, "so, me, jake, liya, alissa and hyunbin will go in one car. soomin, clay, daehyun and you can come together. okay?"

"yeah, cool," jake nods with the rest, "aera, okay?"

"what if he comes to know?" aera bites her lip, still not sure about their masterplan. but then she curses at herself, noticing her friends' expressions, probably tired of waiting for her to say yes since last week. she takes a deep breath, nodding her head in determination, "fuck it, i'll go,"

"yes!"

"that's it! fucking yes!"

•••

parents go to sleep. but brothers stay up.

and aera's problems only escalated after dinner when jungkook sat in front of his gaming computer, not showing even the slightest signs of going to sleep anytime soon. when she walked past the door, smiling awkwardly at the brother before picking up a bottle of water, raising it in the air a little, jungkook gave her a weird look as though questioning if she was okay.