Chapter 14

Ki-tae is interviewed in his home, where he discusses his love of his house. He says he was once alone here as a child and this is why he loves to be alone here now. The doorbell rings and he tries to ignore it, but the ringing gets increasingly frantic, and Ki-tae explains that there's this girl who recently began intruding and ruining the peace of the house. His tone of voice and facial expressions betray annoyance and frustration as he says that since that girl came, he's uncomfortable when he's home alone. The ringing turns to pounding as Ki-tae adds, almost angrily, that now he wants to be with that girl.

We rejoin Ki-tae and Jang-mi just as he opens the bottle of wine, and Jang-mi suggests that they date casually, without marriage in mind. Ki-tae asks what we're all wondering: "Who are you?" HA. Jang-mi says that she's serious, because in the past if she wanted someone she just went for him and it always ruined things.

Ki-tae starts to argue that that was with Hoon-dong, but Jang-mi interrupts and says she doesn't want to ruin things with him, which deflates his frustration. She suggests they keep things secret from their parents, at least until she gets a job and his clinic is back in business. She wants to look better in front of his mother next time, so she won't think she's only after Ki-tae's money.

Jang-mi says that this time she wants to be a proud daughter and a good wife to him, and Ki-tae grins. But he pokes fun by telling her she's jumping the gun - he never said he wanted to marry her. Dude, you earned that snarl. An annoyed Jang-mi gulps her wine and starts to leave, but Ki-tae offers to take her home. She declines and gives him a quick smooch, which buys her time to leave while he stands there all twitterpated.

The next day, Ki-tae literally dances into work, where the nurses tell him that the blogger deleted all her negative comments. Not even the news that there are no patients on the schedule yet can get him down, and he boogies off to his office.

Hyun-hee runs Hoon-dong ragged with her ever-changing demands, and his mother criticizes him for becoming a slave to his wife. She turns on Hyun-hee next, to take her to task for taking up the best restaurant table for studying, and calls them both immature. She refuses to support them anymore and demands rent on the restaurant.

Yeo-reum leads Jang-mi into his newly-completed restaurant/bar, and she sits him down to tell him she's dating Ki-tae. He breezily says that he just wants her as a business partner, and she relaxes and asks him if he thinks Ki-tae will be okay with them working together. She asks him for advice on how to be in a cool relationship, but his advice is to end it. Since Ki-tae likes her, Yeo-reum doubts he can be cool about it.

Yeo-reum's mystery investor arrives, and Jang-mi is surprised to see that it's Hyun-hee. She says it's a secret from Hoon-dong for now, and that she used her own savings to invest. She explains that she's doing this because she wants her own money, not just her in-laws' money.

Jang-mi suggests they do this without her, and Yeo-reum tells Hyun-hee that her boyfriend might not like it. Hyun-hee correctly guesses the new boyfriend is Ki-tae, and agrees that they shouldn't tell him since once he knows, Hoon-dong will know too.

The bar's sign is delivered, and Jang-mi is surprised to see they've named the place "Ju Jang-mi" (How punny - ju as in liquor like soju). Hyun-hee says they planned all along for her to be involved, and Jang-mi is touched but grumps that it's a tacky name for a bar.

Ki-tae's mom gives him an envelope for Jang-mi, and says that since the blogger's comments have been deleted, they should give Jang-mi what she wants (money). Ki-tae argues that his mother misunderstood and Jang-mi was helping him, prompting Grandma to hopefully ask if they're seeing each other. Ki-tae denies it, but says that he's begging her not to go. He tells Mom that he was so mean that Jang-mi needed a shoulder to cry on, and that's why she was hugging Yeo-reum. It's cute how Grandma and Aunt Mi-jung stick up for Jang-mi.