A GROUP OF MISFITS

ZAIRE - September 28th, 2022

I leaned against the blue velvet couch reading the Forgetting. Kieran was sprawled out on the floor per usual reading a book and Luna was sleeping against my arm snoring loudly. Yesterday we had been in the band room but today it was occupied so we chose Luna's second favorite option, can you tell me what it was?

The library. My home away from home.

Kie aka Kieran Weston had quickly become someone I'd loved to be around. After that day in the cafeteria and outside of the library Kieran, Luna, and I have sorta glued together. Plus she's grown to be protective of me, like a big sister I didn't know I needed. She didn't stand for any of the jokes that were made.

"Jeez, can we sock her arse?" Kieran sighed looking at Luna over her book and I held back a chuckle shaking my head.

"Sock me, and I'll burn your ass," Luna answered groggily waking from her nap, and shifting onto her own arm. Here we go.

"Ouuu that's funny. I'd love to play with fire." Kieran answered a mischievous glint reaching her blue and brown eyes' and that's when I felt the energy shift.

As much as I was beginning to love the fiery redhead, she brought something mysterious with her as well.

But so did her brothers. All of them were so mysterious, and I don't want to be one the say it but something dark came with them to this city.

Whether it was them or something they brought, a darkness was here and I'd felt it the day they arrived.

Alexei had been suspended their second week here for a fight and just came back to school today. I was nervous because we'd never spoken but in the few days of being in chemistry with him my stomach would drop to my butt and my hands would sweat something awful.

And Haz on the other hand was quickly making his way up the social ranks. He was easy to talk to I've heard and he was friendly to everyone. It was said that they told him to try out for a sport but he refused to do sports and joined the student council instead. Alexei and Haz were complete opposites of each other and I found it kind of cute since Kieran was like a mix of both.

"Chill, you two." I looked at both of them seriously and Luna rolled her eyes while Kieran winked at me and assured me that she was playing.

"So from Noah, I heard that there's gonna be a pep rally on Friday and the cheerleaders are planning some big prank," Luna told us looking at her phone and biting on her dark pink lip. She knew I didn't care so she wasn't talking to me.

"Who? I'm still learning names." Kieran asked looking confused as she put down her book and gave Luna her full attention. I turned back to mine and flipped the page.

"You know the one with the blue Mercedes and the big house on Druid Square. He's about 5'11 with long blonde hair and brown eyes." Kieran nodded snapping her fingers as it made sense to her who that was.

"What for?" Kieran asked sitting up and putting her things in her bag. Lunch was ending soon so that meant that our time in the library would soon end. I was excited cause Ms. Heartfield would be back today, we hadn't had an art class since she'd left for maternity leave after the first week. She'd been gone a whole month and 9 days but who's counting?

"The first football game of the season duh," Luna answered but Kieran shook her head and asked what for as in why'd Noah tell her? I was curious too as I looked back at Luna waiting expectantly.

Luna looked at the both of us a playful smirk on her face and she whispered lowly. "I forgot to tell you guys but basically Noah wants to fuck me and I won't let him. We've been texting and I've been using him for information about events that the school may host or stuff like new kids because his girlfriend is Miss Mira's bestie and you know they run all that."