Chapter 1

I'm having fun with it.  I honestly don't ship Wednesday with anyone, but I decided to give it a go anyways lol.  Don't ask about my logic lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xavier ran to his room in Nevermore.  Thanks to Thing, he had been freed from the police car he had been left unsupervised in.  He had been chained and helpless while the hyde-who was apparently Tyler-was rampaging in the same woods.  Not only had that been careless of Tyler's father, the officer, but it had also been dangerous.  Not able to defend himself, Xavier knew that he was a sitting duck and an easy target for the monster to kill.  Especially since he already had bad blood with Tyler and was no longer needed to be framed since the monster's true identity had been revealed.

He slammed his bedroom door shut, fumbling to take his prison clothes off him.  It still reeked of damp and mold as if merely the sight of them were suffocating enough.  Once they were off him, he shoved them under the bed so he wouldn't look at them.  He then ran to his closet where grabbed random clothes to throw on.  It was lucky that he mainly wore shirts that could go with almost anything, otherwise, he probably would have ended up in a ridiculous outfit that didn't match.  Not that he particularly cared to begin with.

Once he shoved his feet into a pair of shoes, his hands no longer had anything to do.  It was then when he realized how badly he was actually shaking.  He ran his hands through his hairs in hope that the action would soothe and calm him down.

He mentally scolded himself.  It was not the time to fall into a panic and it definitely wasn't the time to let his emotions control him.  He had already lost his temper and  shouted at Wednesday.  It didn't matter if she deserved it or not, she genuinely needed his help and had let go enough of her pride to ask him.  He shouldn't have been so caught up in himself and forget that the hyde was not just a threat to him and Wednesday, but all of Nevermore.

Well done Xavier.  You went and messed up again.  No wonder you're alone again…

He shook his head.  No.  Thing had rescued him, so he wasn't alone.  Wednesday apologized too.  He wasn't certain if their friendship could be mended completely, but as much as he tried to tell himself that he hated her, the more he knew that was a lie.  For some reason, he still cared deeply for her and he just could not change that no matter how much he would rather just hate her.  It would be so much easier if he did and he wouldn't be hurt by her again and again.

Xavier looked over, his bow and arrow entering his view.  For a moment, his body stilled and his breathing began to even.  He knew what he needed to do.  He would not hide in his room when his friends and Nevermore were in danger.  He would not make the mistake of losing himself again just to wallow in emotions he just did not want to feel.  He wasn't capable of figuring them out on his own, so he shoved them aside.  It was a great thing to pull out in his next emergency therapy session.

Moving as fast as possible, he grabbed his weapon and swung his door open.  Not even bothering to close it, he ran as fast as his legs could carry him.  He wasn’t sure where his plan was or what he was going to do.  The only thing he could do was react as he went.

It honestly wasn’t hard to find the commotion.  There were shouts and screams and a fire.  If that didn’t scream catastrophe, he didn’t know what did.  So he ran towards it, forgetting any thoughts of self preservation. They needed him.

When he finally reached it, he whipped out his bow and arrow.  He wasn’t about to rush into a battlefield and not know what was going on and where the enemies were.  Peeking out, he soaked in the yard that was bathed in flames.  But all he could see was a pilgrim and Wednesday about to take each other out.  His body moved faster than he could register anything else.