chapter one

✿

third point of view

hwang si-yeon was on her way to the brothel with the intention to see someone. inside of her she wondered why she missed him so much although he is just a trouble maker.

she lost her parents as she was a kid. she isn't from a nobel family either one of the four seasons. she was just any girl. that was how she would describe herself. since she was a kid she trained hard to become someone that other people know and respect. she wanted to give her life value. and she did it. she became a powerful mage in songrim.

the first one she met of the four seasons was jang uk. she accidentally bumped into him as they were kids. she wanted to apologise to him and go on but uk had an other plan. he asked her many questions about who she was and how comes that he never saw her before. he often smiled at her and decided on his own that they are friends now. she felt really comfortable around him because she knew how he appreciated her. he introduced her to the other three seasons.

she was a good friend of jin cho-yeon as well. she always comforted her and helped her with everything while cho-yeon treated her like her lost sister. both of them gave each other the feeling of family.

park dang-gu has became her best friend with the time. he always made sure that si-yeon ate enough and treated her like his little sister. he just had the feeling of protecting her. for him she was the most innocent girl he ever have seen.

seo yul was at first a bit complicated to her. she didn't know how to behave towards him. she wasn't a social butterfly and he was a quiet boy that wouldn't speak from alone at first. she tried many time to speak with him but she just couldn't bring herself. until one day seo yul saw how si-yeon was injured. he went quickly to help her and that was the first time they spoke with each other. she didn't wanted that anyone saw her injury because they would make unnecessary worries because the little girl has no parents although it was just a little scratch. but seo yul insisted that she had to clean the scratch up so he cleaned it up alone so no one would see the injury how si-yeon wanted it.

si-yeon's point off view

i finally reached the brothel when i opened a door where i would find uk. i was happy to see him but instead of seeing him i saw a girl that was seeking something in uks stuff. who was this girl?

i didn't know who she was and she could be a thief so i held my sword at her back.

,, i don't know who you are so turn around"

as said the girl turned around and looked nervous at the sword that was hold at her neck. she was a maid.
although i knew now that she was a maid i didn't put my sword down. i am still suspicious.

,, i am not stealing anything! i am just cleaning up for the young master", the unknown girl said nervous.

suddenly i heard an familiar voice.
,, ya si-yeon put your sword away! she is just my maid", uk said as he came into the room, too.

,, i think you should be more careful who you have as your maid. for me it was like she is stealing something from you", i answered, not looking at him and still holding the sword.

i felt arms wrapped around me as uk embraced me and turned me to his side. while he was embracing me i noticed how he made signs to his maid but i didn't know what he was mouthing to her. i just pretended that i didn't noticed.

after breaking the hug he asked me a question with a smirk on his face.
,, why are you here? did you miss me that much that you couldn't wait for me to come to songrim?".

,, as if. i was just wondering how you made it that your how much was it now? twelfth ? that your twelfth master had thrown you out", i answered with the same smile he had on his lips.

i knew well that he knew i missed him. so there wasn't any need to confess that.

,, he didn't throw me out. i went freely", he spoke.

i just made a face that meant i don't believe you to teas him.

,, and i have something for you from there", he said and surprised me with earrings that had an flower on them. i don't know why but everyone associated me with flowers so it became a sign for me.

my gaze softened as i saw them. although i hated it when the four seasons gave me expensive gifts because i didn't had the money to make as much gifts as they gave i still loved it.
i loved the thought that they thought about me and decided to make me a gift.

,, wow they are so beautiful", i said surprised.

,, i knew you would like them. the color reminded me of the color of your eyes so i had to buy them", he spoke proud.

my eyes teared a bit thanks to him and i embraced him softly.

,, thank you", i mumbled still leaning my head at his shoulder.

suddenly i remembered that i had to train today. i mastered tansu but it was not perfect so i wanted to train more in the next days.

,, i must go now. i have to train a bit later but i will see you at songrim later anyways", i said as i saw how he looked a bit sad.

,, you just came just stay a bit and entertain me ", he asked while i just laughed.

,, you will get through it. you have other company", pointing with my words to his maid who was listing to our conversation.

i left the brothel and went to songrim instead.

——————————————

,, oh si-yeon there you are", dang-gu said as he saw me and waved.

i smiled back and went towards him. ,, where is yul", i asked him with a questioning look because i thought they were together.

,, he is in the library. come we visit him". he answered and took my hand.

so we went to the library.