[03] The Assassin

[9:15 AM — APARTMENT COMPLEX]

For what seemed to be the second time during that week, y/n only slept three hours. She was only awake for the sole reason of not being able to sleep through the day, her body seemed to already be scheduled that way. Despite that, she knew she'd be able to get back some of her sleep from noon onwards.

She was usually out of the cafe by six in the morning and she'd usually wake up at around nine or ten. After, she'd be awake up until twelve noon until she falls asleep. Basically, she was only awake for breakfast.

Luckily, despite her god awful sleeping schedule, she wasn't going insane yet. Her mind was still a few meters away from exploding from the lack of sleep, exactly why she was strolling down the street of her city as she carried a bag of ingredients for her breakfast.

The sun's rays were starting to get harsh though that was a given as it was slowly moving into noon. y/n squinted her eyes as she stared at the brightly lit concrete pavement. It was her fault that she was suffering from the heat so she didn't even think of blaming anyone. She would look insane if she blamed herself, after all.

Nearing her apartment complex, she could see that a woman with black hair and looked like she was in her late twenties, was talking to a man. Both were standing right in front of a moving van truck and y/n could only assume that the woman was a new tenant.

y/n stopped, eyes narrowing as she tried to get a closer look at the woman. As far as she knew, Loid was the only latest and newest tenant of the apartment complex and if they did get a new tenant, she should've known considering that it would be the top gossip of the complex. That only meant one thing; the black-haired woman was Loid's wife.

But then, why was she only moving her belongings to the place on that day when y/n was pretty sure her family has been settled for a day or two. Interesting.

That was an interesting ordeal. She began speeding her walk as she decided to help the lady out once the man was out of the picture. She greeted the black-haired beauty. "Hello!" She cheerily exclaimed, the woman jumped in surprise. "Are you perhaps a new tenant here?" She asked.

Flustered, the woman stumbled over her own words. She didn't know what to answer. "Yes I am..." She muttered out "Not exactly though. My family moved here a few days ago." She said nervously as she didn't know how to explain why she was moving to the apartment complex a few days after her so-called family had settled in.

"Oh, is that so?" y/n tried to play it dumb. She was right and it was always so fun to be. "Then you must be Mr. Forger's wife? He's told me about you plenty of times already! It seems that he's very much in love with you," She continued, trying to earn a reaction from the woman, and reaction she got.

The black-haired woman's face suddenly reddened and it was more than visible under the blinding sun. "In... In love?" She stuttered, not being able to believe such a thing. Loid doesn't look like the romantic type. Was the young girl only playing with her? Was she onto them and their fake family?