Questions

"Where were you 2?" Ortensia asked, a mix of concern and frustration in her question. "Sorry, hon, but there was an emergency with the projectors. Somehow they melted to the point of disuse," Oswald explained, a look mixed with worry and shame splayed across his face. Ortensia's expression changed to shock at this news. "But the projectors are thinner proof, aren't they?" She asked, realizing the severity of the situation. Oswald only nodded his head, already knowing how bad it was. That was when another voice spoke out. "So you suspected the kid would've done it," they asked, frustrated in their tone. Oswald turned back to see the cloaked toon, arms crossed, revealing her tattered attire. Her blue dress was torn and stitched, most likely from time, her arms bandaged up to the elbows, hiding anymore behind her gloved hands, muddy boots tapping against the ground. "Well, rabbit?" she continued, pushing the stunned rabbit to answer. Oswald stuttered to let out one. "N-no, nothing like that. We were hoping he could answer a few questions," Oswald finally said, not wanting to start an argument. Ortensia pushed herself between the 2, to keep any violence to start. "It's alright Farine, he wouldn't ever judge a toon by what they are, especially if it comes to your friend," she said, Oswald nodding in agreement. "Why don't you introduce yourself properly to Ozzy" she offered to the figure, hearing as she let out a huff. "Fine" was the only thing she said as she let down the hood of her cloak, revealing her face to the rest. Patches of red fur had fallen off her face, mostly hidden behind her tangled hair. Her ears nicked and dirty, folded down as she expressed her frustration. The red ribbon around her neck was tattered and torn, loose threads threatening to be undone. Her hazel eyes showed a more exhausted side of the poor fox, showing how much sleep she lacked, at least during her time here. Her voice, now knowing why, was rough and strained, leaving the toon nearly whimpering as she spoke. "My name is Farine, I'm actually one of Bendy's closest friends' ' she said, tears pricking in her eyes due to a stabbing pain in her throat. She put her hand against her neck, coughing up the same black fluid that Bendy bled. Oswald ran towards her as she fell on her knee, seeing the pained and stressed expression on her face. "I'm fine. Just give me a second,'' she said, pulling her hand to stop the rabbit. Once she pulled herself up, she continued speaking to him. "Look, we're not the only ones stuck here, we're looking for the rest of our friends' ' she continued, clearing her throat to talk clearer. "And unfortunately, I know the real reason for your projectors being destroyed," she added, looking away. Oswald's ear perked up at this, feeling like a dunce for thinking badly of the guests. "You do? Gus asked, hovering towards the ridged toon. Farine nodded, taking a deep breath. "They want Bendy and me. For payback," she confessed, looking at the ground. "Payback? For what" Oswald asked, now concerned for all of the other toons. Farine didn't answer, all she did was avoid eye contact with the rabbit. Ortensia sighed, walking up to Oswald. "I talked to her before you showed up, she doesn't like answering those types of questions' ' she explained, putting a hand on his shoulder. Oswald looked back at Bendy, now up on his feet. He looked more scared than ever. Thankfully, he stopped melting, back to a more normal appearance. At least normal in a way when being covered in bandages and stitches. Oswald sighed, facing the vixen once more. "Alright, if you know what's happening and why you guys are here, can you be willing to help us beat this guy? '' Oswald offered, getting her attention. Farine's ear perked up, surprised by the offer the rabbit was willing to make. "Are you sure? This one is more powerful than anything you've been through. He could easily take us out with the wave of his hand if he wanted to," she explained, expressing a strong amount of worry. "I'm sure we can handle it. You know more about all this than I do, so we might need your help on this" the rabbit replied, reassuring the toon. Farine thought long and hard. On one hand, this could indefinitely lead to their demise. But on the other hand, this could save her friends, help them escape, and defeat the Ink Demon once and for all. "Alright, it's a deal," Farine answered, a righteous smile plastered across her face. "Can I at least get some time to get ready?" Bendy asked, getting both toon's attention. "Oh, Right," they both said, forgetting the demon was only wearing a patient's gown. "Alright, get a minute to prepare yourselves," Farine started. "For once you are, be prepared. You and I will have to face the Ink Demon and the Rejects".