Chapter 33

The two six-year-old left the Uchiha compound and walked into Konoha center town. "Hmph!" Sasuke grunted as he laid back his weight on purpose so the girl could have more trouble pulling him. "I don't why we we're here, we could've been practicing."

"I wanted something sweet to eat, so you had to come along," Kaiya responded not paying attention to his attitude since she was used to it.

I don't even like sweets!" Sasuke complained. "But you like tomatoes, so we'll get some on our way back," Kaiya spoke.

"Hn," Sasuke had a satisfied look on his face as he quickly shut up.

"Stop!" She said suddenly. "Someone is following us." She lets go of Sasuke's hand leaving him there look confused and walked to the alley. "Listen you perv-" she stopped herself once her eyes made contact of the person who was following them. "Hokage?!"

"Ah, Kaiya you look lively as always," The Hokage greeted. "And it's nice to see you too," He smile when Sasuke walked up to both of them.

"Hokage-sama," Sasuke bowed.

"Didn't I tell you last time to not follow kids around like that," Kiaya shook her head in disappointment. The Hokage couldn't help but chuckle as he watched a six-year-old scold him.

"They're going to think you're a... a pedophile," Kaiya whispered the last part. "Kaiya! You can't call the Hokage a pedophile," Sasuke said shocked, he blames this on Shisui for teaching her that word last week.

"I didn't call him a pedophile," Kaiya defended herself. "I said people might mistaken him as a pedophile if he keeps doing that." Kaiya crosses her arms.

"That's still rude!" Sasuke argued. "No, it's not, I was just helping!" Kaiya replied.

"Calm down children," the Hokage sweat dropped watching the two children argue. "I heard you guys were going to buy some snacks. Why don't I tag along?" The Hokage spoke.

"Okay!" Kaiya responds as her tone doing a completely 360. Sasuke nods his heads before saying, "Since you decided to come, I guess you're paying."

"What?!" The Hokage voiced out and heard the two children snickering next to him.

I almost smiled at the memory until I saw the picture of the Third Hokage in front of me. Today was the Hokage's funeral, we were all dressed in the traditional black clothing as we stood on top of the Hokage's tower. It was not only the Hokage's funeral, but also the ninjas who died in the invasion.

I stood between Naruto and Shino in one of the front rows looking at all the pictures. The tears were threatening to fall, but I kept blinking them away. However, I couldn't anymore, and one by one tears ran down my face and at the same time it started raining.

"Guess, you're in a better place now," I murmured as I wiped my tears. "We will now begin the memorial service," Homura-san announced. "For the Sandaime Hokage, who lost his life in the battle of-."

I lost focus of the service when another memory came into mind, a not so good one.

Kaiya cried on the hospital bed as she kept reminiscing on what happened two days ago. Her body shook as images kept flashing in her mind. 'Why, why did this happen' She bit her lip and gripped on the white sheets.

She snapped her head to the door once she heard it opening. "Hokage-sama," She muttered as she looked at him with teary eyes. "T-there all dead." She cried.

The Third Hokage looked at the girl with pity and sighed. "I know... it's going to be okay." He wasn't sure how to comfort her, but how can you comfort a child that the family she loved so much saw their bodies dead on the floor?