take the burden away

Hi guys! Please, as you read this chapter, keep in mind that I love you all very much. I suggest you listen to "Farewell Life (Arn Andersson Remix)" by Nights Amore. And just know in advance that I am sorry. :)

We all got out of the car and ran to the steps of the jet

"What the hell do you think you're doing? Are you trying to get yourselves killed?" Seraphine scolded. Very loudly might I add.

Xavier cocked his head. "Well....."

I turned around and slapped him lightly on the arm to tell him that now was not the time.

Alessio appeared at top of the stairs by the door of the plane. He didn't say anything. He just watched in entertainment as Seraphine reamed us all out.

That ass.

"You can't go to Odessa. You can't go to Russia in general." I started to warn them. I turned to Alessio. "We can't trust the information I gave you anymore. I did some thinking. Something's not right."

Seraphine turned to Alessio. "Wait. You got the top secret Russian intelligence from your 15 year old sister?" When he nodded, she turned back to me. "The motherly side of me wants to lecture you about the dangers you probably went through while getting that. But the mafia boss side of me wants to call you badass and congratulate you on your achievements."

I snorted, but was quickly reminded of why I was here in the first place when Alessio shouted to Seraphine.

"We have to go." He informed her.

"Alessio, please! Don't go." I begged him.

"Marlowe, we have to. The Russians have something very important in their possession right now. It's too dangerous for them to have it." Alessio talked to me as if I was a baby.

And he seemed...

Annoyed.

"Alessio. Think about it. The information was so easy to get. My trip to New York was so easy. I know how Sebastián operates. I think how he thinks. He trained me! He made me his own personal weapon! Trust me, this is something that he would do." I don't know why I was getting this emotional or why I was basically on the verge of tears.

But I can not lose them.

I have never in my life had a sense of family. My life has been amazing since I met my brothers and I haven't even known them a month.

Before Alessio could answer me, there was shouting from the inside of the plane. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but I knew it was something bad because Alessio's face paled. He ducked into the cabin of the plane.

Seraphine looked at me with pity. "Honey, I know you're worried about your brothers. But they have been training their whole life. Just like you. They can handle whatever comes our way in Russia and more." She looked past me to Théo. "T, while Alexandre and I are gone, you need to watch over Valerie."