Promises

" You better not die." I told my enemy." I won't" he rolled his eyes. Does he think I am joking ? Why do I even care ?
" I am being serious. You're my enemy which means I have to kill you."he scoffs , shaking his head. "Here", he handed me a dagger, his dagger.
"

What's this for ?" I narrowed my eyes at him. "For you to stick it through my heart when I come back." I pulled him into a hug. "You promise you won't die ?" I whispered into his ear. "Promise"
I stood infront of his grave today. "What a lie! What a lie!" Tears ran down my face." You pro-pro- promised", my voice broke. I held the dagger be have me in my hand. " I swear when I see you, I am going to stick this through your heart.
It's only fair.Since you broke mine" My vision got blurry. I kneeled next to his grave." I should've been there to save you. But I couldn't."
This didn't feel real. He couldn't be gone. I placed a blue rose on his grave. Blue was his favourite colour.
This was supposed to be forever.
But all good things come to an end.
Maybe forever is only meant for memories.
And not for people.
Promises are meant to be broken.
___________________________________________A/N Thank you for reading.
I want to mention special thanks for my English teacher for encouragement.
And special thanks to my friend for support at every part of my writing.