2

Niylah

You ain't ever gon be shit without me Ni. You think you somebody out here having a baby with this nigga huh? I got some for yo ass. *punch* Call that bitch ass nigga now. He ain't comin to save yo ho ass now. Niylah!

I jumped up out of breathe as I checked my surroundings. I saw I was in my bed and relaxed. Looking over to the time I saw it read 10:48am and sighed rubbing my hands over my face.

Taking a deep breathe I collected myself before getting out of bed. Slipping on my house shoes, I walked into my bathroom and did my hygiene before coming back and making my bed.

I went into the living room and straightend up a little before going in the kitchen and getting breakfast ready for me and Nassy.

For her I popped an Ego in the toaster and chopped up some strawberries with a small cup of orange juice before setting it up at her little table.

For me I made a bagel and a cup of Starbucks Caramel Cold Brew. I set mines down at the bar before heading to her room.

I opened the door to see her still asleep peacefully. I smiled at her beauty before kneeling down by her bed.

Little snores escaped her slightly parted lips as the sun peaked through shining on her curly brown hair. Her caramel skin lightly coated in sweat and spit.

I rubbed her back gently  placing a kiss to her soft forehead causing her to slowly wake up.

She tossed a bit before scrunching her nose, slowly fluttering her brown eyes open. She looked up at me before a sleepy smile crossed her face as she raised her arms up stretching out.

"Goodmorning momma." She rasped out finishing her stretching.

"Goodmorning baby." I smiled reaching my arms out to pick her up.

She reached up getting into my arms. She laid her head on my chest silently as I walked us to the kitchen.

"You ready to eat?" I questioned setting her down by her table. She nodded her head getting into a seat. "Thank you momma." She beamed down at her plate.

"Your welcome Nassy." I smiled back turning on one of her little kid shows.

Taking a seat at the island bar I pulled out my phone as I began eating my breakfast.

I checked my work schedule to see they had me down for tonight at 6pm all the way to 1am. Since it was a nightclub type of restaurant they didn't close until 2am.

I quickly texted Nasir.

Me: Can you watch Nassy tonight? I have work from 6 to 1.

I then went on tiktok and began scrolling to waste the time.

"Momma I'm done." I looked back to see Nadia getting up and bringing her plate over to the sink before gently placing it in.

"Okay go wash your teeth and brush your face. We gonna get ready to see Gma and Poppy." I said as she finished washing her hands before stepping down from her pink princess stool.

"Okay" she responded before skipping to my room.

I took my last bite of bagel and gulped down the rest of my coffee before hopping off the stool and gathering up all the dishes.

After cleaning up the kitchen I turned off her show and turned on my spotify playlist turning up the TV.

I went into Nadia's room and turned on her closet light. I skimmed through her clothes before picking out a black one piece body suit and red puffer vest. I made up her bed before laying it down on top along with her black and red 4's.

I turned around to see her standing there with a big smile on her face. "Hygiene? Check!" She beamed showing off her little white teeth.

"Good job baby." I laughed at how proud she was.

"Okay come here and let me help you get dressed."

"Hold on I gotta put the bow on." I reached over Nadia's head pulling a little red bow out her hair drawer. We were now both dressed and ready and all that was needed to finish was her hair which I had styled in a high puff.

I had on a black one piece bodysuit with a blue puffer vest and my black and blue 4's matching her, with my braids flipped over to a side part.

"Okay all done." I gently patted her shoulders causing her to jump up in excitement.

"We can go now?" She beamed. I nodded my head getting out the rocker.

"Yayyyyyy" she skipped out the room with me close behind.

I turned off the TV before grabbing my keys and purse and heading for the front door.

We slipped on our shoes and left. I locked up before we made out way to the car.

"GMA!!!" Nadia burst through the front door as my mom stood in the doorway. She jumped in her arms as my mom laughed scooping her up.

I turned closing and locking the door before hugging my mom's opposite side. "Hey mommy." I laughed at my overly excited daughter.

"Hey baby, Joe is in the kitchen." I nodded making my way there with my mom and Nadia close by.

I walked in to see Joe sitting at the island eating a sandwich.

We walked over all exchanging hugs.

Joe isn't my real dad. My mom and dad broke up when I was 9 and Joe came in when I was 13. At first he was just my step-dad, but when my dad died 2 weeks before my 16th birthday he completely took over his role. Every since then we have been extremely close.

We were all talking at the counter when I got a no caller ID call.

"I'll be right back." I hopped up going into the hall.

"Hello?"

"It's been a long time. Too long."