3

Nasir

"Great job today Moore. Looking forward to seeing you on the field Friday night." My personal trainer slapped my shoulder walking out the gym.

"Thanks again man. Can't do it without you." I throw up a peace sign to him as he turned his back to me.

I let out a breathe as I grab my gym bag from the locker quickly putting my sweatshirt on.

I pull out my phone seeing a text from Niylah. I call her taking a swig from my gallon of water.

"Stop fuckin callin me nigga." She said through gritted teeth on the other end. I furrowed my brows stopping in my tracks.

"Huh?" Was all I could get out from my confusion.

"Oh shii Nas. I'm so sorry I ain't kno it was you." She sighed as I continued walking out the gym towards my car.

"You good. Who been calling you like that tho." I question throwing my bag into the passenger seat and starting up my car.

"Um no one don't worry about it. Can you watch Nassy tonight?" Her voice traveled from my phone to my car speaker as I pulled out the parking lot.

"Uh yea thats what I was calling about anyway. I know its already 4:30 so I can come nn get her from wherever yall are at."

"We at my mom's right now so you can come get her I'll prolly leave around the same time yall do anyways."

"Ight I'm on the way." I replied before the line cut.

As I hopped on the highway my mind just kept wandering back to the aggression and fear in her voice when she first answered the phone.

What was she afraid of and why didn't she tell me?

Niylah

"I'll get it momma" I jumped up from the table in which we were all sitting at.

"Wsp." Nasir appeared in the doorframe.

"Hey." I reached up wrapping my arms around his neck as his hands snaked around my waist.

Inhaling his scent I could smell a hint of cologne but mostly sweat from his busy morning.

We pulled out of the hug and I moved over granting him access to the house.

"Daddy!" Nassy exclaimed jumping out of Joe's arms and running into her dad's. He swooped her up into the air throwing her around as her giggles filled the room.

After he finished tickling and kissing the face of his daughter he greeted the rest of the room.

"Hey momma sorry about the smell I've been training since 7 this morning." He leaned down in my mom's chair kissing her cheek, still holding Nadia.

"No bother at all son. Just keep being a star out there so I can keep watching you on the TV." She laughed patting his back as we all laughed.

"Wsp pops." He shook Joe's hand as Joe rose up out his seat before sitting back down.

"Are you hungry son?" My mom asked getting ready to get up from her seat.

"Oh no ma'am I was actually getting ready to leave. Don't wanna intrude on your evening, just picking up the queen." He kissed Nadia's cheek making her smile.

"Oh well alright." She smiled standing up on her feet.

"Okay momma I gotta go get ready for work." as I kissed Joe's cheek as he nodded his head at Nasir.

"Bye pop pop." Nassy waved as Joe blew kisses.

We all made our way to the door leaving Joe in his chair watching the TV.

"Okay be safe tonight baby." My mom pulled me into a tight hug. As I pulled away I felt her grip my hand slipping something into my palm.

I looked at her with concern only for her to squeeze my hand shut pleading with her eyes.

"Okay watch out for your mommy and daddy for old Gma okay?" She told Nadia leaning over to kiss her in Nasir's arms.

"Take care son." She pecked his cheek as we made our way out the door.

As I made my way to my car I opened my palm to the see a rolled up stack of hundreds. I turned around towards the door to the see nothing but the wooden frame and a hung up welcome sign.

"Mommy can you put me in the seat?" I turned back to see Nassy with tears in her eyes standing by the car. I looked from her to Nasir as he looked disappointed between the both of us.

I shoved the money quickly in my jean pocket quickly walking over to my baby girl.

Nasir stood by the door as I scooped her up opening the backseat door.

"Okay you gonna be good for daddy right?" I said beginning to strap her in the seat.

"Yes!" She smiled as a stray tear fell down her soft brown cheek.

"Okay baby don't cry. Mommy is gonna see you tomorrow. I promise. " I held out my pinky.

"Okay." She sniffed keeping a smile on her face as she wrapped her little pinky around mine.

"Alright! Mommy loves you." I wiped her cheek kissing her forehead.

"Love you infinity." She gushed kicking out her foot.

I gave a tight lipped smile before waving and closing the door.

I turned around to see Nasir looking directly at me.

"What?" I asked cautiously.

"Who called you?" He asked locking his eyes in with mines.

"Nasir ple-"

"Niylah, I'm gonna ask one more time." His jaw ticked.

"Okay well can we talk about it later?" I scrunched my eyebrows tired of the conversation.

"Fine but you will tell me." He broke contact walking to the drivers seat on the other side of the car.

I nodded my head walking to my car.

I will tell him. Just not right now.

I don't need both of us stressing over the fact that Jarvis is out and back in town.

Jarvis Henley is back.

*********************

21 year old Jarvis HenleyEx of Niylah Thomas

Ex of Niylah Thomas. Highschool degree holder and freshly released from All Green Jail off of good behavior. Now on probation. Went to jail for domestic violence.