~View From the Top~

It had been weeks since the whole Mitch and Tiff catastrophe. Or months, it was hard to keep track of time after being on the island for so long. The group had made several attempts to get off the island, each one failing. They were now on their newest attempt: a raft. Sammy laughed as she splashed Kenji. "Hey!" He said, splashing her back, causing the girl to laugh some more. (Y/n) smiled as she watched the two, shaking her head before going to stand next to Brooklynn and help her. Brooklynn double-checked a knot that Yazmina had tied, which earned an annoyed look from the athlete. (Y/n) sighed, but her smile didn't fade. They were going home. things finally seemed to be going their way.
      The teens all looked at the island in the distance, each with relieved smiles. "Goodbye Jurassic World." Darius spoke softly.  Bumpy ran to the shore and stood on a rock, letting out a roar. Ben looked at her with sadness in his eyes and walked to the edge of the raft.  "Goodbye Bumpy." He said. (Y/n)'s smile faded when she realized that she had to leave Blue. It had been pushed into the corner of her mind until now. She looked at the island now with a longing expression, before hugging her knees to her chest and looking away from it. Both dino kids were brought out of their sad states when Kenji spoke up laughing.
      "See ya never, stupid dino island!" He called out, glad to be off the island. He then smirked. "You thought you could eat us? No way!" He said, walking to the other side of the raft. "You thought you could stomp on us? Think again!" He added as Sammy walked over to him and slapped his arm. "Yeah!" She cheered before giving the island a smug look. "You thought you could crush our spirits? Impossible!" She said, high fiving Kenji as the two of them cheered. Ben moved to sit by (Y/n). "To be fair, the island did crush my spirit." He said, not really noticing (Y/n) scoot away from him slightly. "But then, I defeated Toro!" He added dramatically. (Y/n) sighed and rolled her eyes before moving to sit by Yazmina who groaned out in annoyance. "Not again." She muttered making Ben look at her.
      "It's his pride and joy, he is always going to mention it..." (Y/n) said, not looking at Ben. She didn't want to come off as mean it was just that, well, she felt awkward. She and Ben kissed each other and while she didn't necessarily regret the kiss, she didn't know what to think or how to feel about it. She already knew that Ben liked her because he had told her that she was his celebrity crush, but...was that all? Were there any real feelings? And what about her and Kenji? She knew that they were pretty much over, but shouldn't she patch things up with him before thinking about moving on?  So many thoughts ran through her head, and it had caused her to be more silent, and keep to herself. This in turn lead her to spend more time with Yazmina.
      She was pulled out of her thoughts when the water began to get rough and shake the raft. The teens all let out cries of shock, trying to steady themselves. (Y/n) looked off to the side and paled. "Um...guys?!" She called out, making the teens look where she was looking. Brooklynn panicked, grabbing a vine and pulling on it. "Everyone secures the vines!" She called out. Yaz grabbed Kenji to steady both herself and him. "How?!" She called out. "I-I don't know, pull on them?!" Brooklynn answered, unsure. (Y/n) stood up, wobbling a bit. "B, you said you had rafting experience!" She said, struggling to stay standing up. "I said i have some rafting experience! Some!" Brooklynn said, defending herself. The raft was jerked again, making (Y/n) almost fall overboard, but Ben grabbed her and pulled her too him.
      "I got ya!" He said, holding her to him. (Y/n) mentally panicked but knew that now really wasn't the time to be awkward. Instead, she looked up at him. "Thanks." She said, pulling herself away. Yaz saw this and thought for a minute, before shaking her head and glaring at Brooklynn. "Great! So only some of us will die!" She said sarcastically, holding her arm out for (Y/n), who took it and held onto her. "The wind's strong! We can just power through!" Brooklynn said but as she spoke, their sail blew away. They all looked at the sail in dread as it flew away, while Yaz glared at Brooklynn, who gave a nervous smile. The killer wave got close to them, causing them all to scream, before they were all knocked over.
      They were washed back to shore and once they all caught their breath, they headed back to camp. No one said a thing as they walked. Ben looked at (Y/n), who walked a few paces ahead of him and sighed before looking at the ground. As they got closer to camp, he began to call out for Bumpy. (Y/n) only zoned out as she began to climb the ladder into their base. She sat on their sofa and sighed. Yaz walked over to her and sat by her. "Hey, you ok?" She asked, making the girl look at her. "You don't have to tell me anything it's just, ever since mitch and tiff, you've been distant. Especially towards Ben." She said, stating what she had seen. (Y/n) sighed. "I just have a lot on my mind. Trying to figure things out." She said, staring off into the jungle. "Did Kenji do something? because I'll gladly kick him for you. My ankle feels a thousand times better." She joked, making (Y/n) chuckle. "No, it's not Kenji. Well, it's not completely Kenji." She said, sighing. 
      "You don't have to tell me. Just know that I'm here if you need someone to listen." Yaz said, wrapping an arm around her. (Y/n) smiled and hugged Yazmina. "Thanks." She said. Even though Yazmina wasn't a hugger, she didn't mind being hugged by (Y/n) and Sammy. They were probably her closest friends in the group. Brooklynn saw this from a distance and frowned. (Y/n) was supposed to be opening up to her about stuff. Weren't they best friends? Ever since Mitch and Tiff she had been hanging out with Yaz more often. It didn't help that Yazmina didn't really like the way Brooklynn did things. (Y/n) looked over at Ben when she heard him cry out. She saw that Bumpy had answered him and knocked him over, before showing him some affection. She smiled softly. She would be lying if she said she didn't think he was cute.
      "Circle up guys! Camp meeting!" Darius called out, catching everyone's attention. (Y/n) and Yaz continued to sit by each other. Yaz brushed the tangles out of (Y/n)'s hair and began to braid it. (One of the braids from Character Info, or if you have short hair, she is just playing with your hair). Everyone circled around a table while Darius spoke. "Ok, on the plus side, still no sign of compies around camp, so that's good." Darius said. "Yeah, but isn't it kind of weird considering they're, well, compies?" (Y/n) asked, noticing a lack of the little rats of the dino world. Darius shrugged, nodding his head a bit, not dismissing her, but wanting to proceed with the meeting. "On the minus side, raft escape attempt number one was um...." He said, trying to find the right words. The group gave him quite a few.
"Wet."
"Bad?"
"A bust."
"Didn't work."
      Darius looked between them, realizing he couldn't sugar coat it. Still, he was gonna try. "It wasn't a total disaster." He said, trying to reason with them. "Um, we lost the raft and almost drowned." Sammy stated. (Y/n) nodded as Yaz finished playing with her hair. "Sammy's right Darius. We also lost our sail and it took months to find enough fabric for it. How was that not a disaster?" She stated. "We didn't get eaten by dinosaurs?" He said with a questioning tone. "Darius we are out of options." Brooklynn spoke, stating what everyone was thinking, as she grabbed a piece of chalk. "We tried kayaks, gyrospheres, more gyrospheres..." She spoke, marking a line through each plan to show it failed. "Yaz' bad 'find a helicopter and learn to fly it' plan." She added, marking through Yaz' plan with two lines instead of one. Yazmina rolled her eyes and walked over to the board. "Oh, and let's not forget Brooklynn's worse 'Lets go back into the tunnels and look for a phone' idea?" She said, taking the chalk from Brooklynn and marking through her plan, also marking through Brooklynn's little stick figure.
      The two shared nasty looks as Yaz handed the chalk back to her. Brooklynn let out an annoyed sigh as she snatched the chalk back. (Y/n) sensed the tension and walked over to them, coming between them and pushing them back a bit. "Come on guys think! What haven't we tried yet? There has to be something." She stated, putting a hand on her hip. "Just gonna pitch it one more time..." Kenji said with a small smirk, but Yazmina shot him down. "We're not building a human catapult." She said, making Kenji give a smug look. How do we know it can't be done if we never tired?" He asked. "I think your idea sounds fun atleast." Sammy whispered. (Y/n) rolled her eyes. "I hear you but i still think a boat is the better way to go. All we need is a better sail." Darius said. "Yeah, but uh, like (Y/n) said it took us forever to find enough fabric for the first one." Yaz responded, a hand on her hip. "And even if we do find another sail, what's going to stop us from running into another killer wave like the last one?" Brooklynn added. "There has to be a fix. Every problem always has a fix." Darius said before looking at Ben, who had walked over to the railing of the base.
      "Ben, what do you think?" Darius asked but got no response. "Ben? Ben!" He repeated, but still got no response. Kenji grew sick of this and gave it a try. "Yo jungle boy!" He called out, making Ben look at them in confusion. "Huh?" He asked. "What do you think?" Kenji asked. "Uh...yeah! What you said." Ben stated, turning to face the group, very clearly not in the conversation. "Really? You think a giant catapult is the way to go?" (Y/n) asked, concerned for him in multiple ways. Ben realized what was discussed and shook his head. "Oh, no. That's ridiculous!" He stated. "Darius is right, a raft is the way to go." Ben said, agreeing with Darius. (Y/n) looked at him for a little bit, noticing how he was staring at Bumpy for a long time, most o f the conversation actually. Ben felt eyes on him and looked over at the girl. He gave her an awkward smile, to which (Y/n) just quickly looked away.
      She wanted to talk to him about what had happened but she wasn't sure how to bring it up. She also didn't think that now was the right time either. She was brought out of her thoughts once again by Kenji. "It's shame we can't just go up to Lookout Point and hang glide all the way to Costa Rica. That would be so dope." He stated. Darius stared at him confused. "Wait, what's Lookout Point?" He asked. "Oh, It's up in the Mountains to the west. My brother let me go all the time and I'm guessing Kenji went too." (Y/n) stated calmly as Kenji smirked. "Yeah its like a whole deal. They got hang gliders and everything." He added.
      "Hang Gliders!" Darius said, getting an idea. "As in pieces of material that are literally designed to catch the wind?!" He stated, making everyone catch on to his idea. They cheered and high fived each other. "Hey, we could use that as a sail!" Kenji said, just now catching on. "Good idea Kenj." (Y/n) joked, knowing that he thought it was his idea. They all laughed and began to head to the west. After a little bit of walking, they were at Lookout Point. "Welcome to Lookout Point!" Kenji said, motioning to the mountain behind him. (Y/n) rolled her eyes and smirked.  "Actually Lookout Point is up there, but you get the gist." She added. "How do we get up there?" Darius asked. "The gondola!" Kenji replied. "Usually that's how, but since the power is out we will have to do it on foot. Could be a one to five day trek." (Y/n) stated as Yaz stretched and scoffed. "That'll take me and (N/n) an hour." She said. Brooklynn spoke up from the control panel. "Great! I'll meet you at the top!" She said, pressing a button. The gondola then began to work. Kenji and Sammy got in one together. (Y/n) got in the next, and waited for the girls to join her, but they only stared at each other awkwardly. When they finally did get in it was extremely awkward. (Y/n) sat on the floor, while Yaz was to her left and Brooklynn to her right. An awkward silence filled the air. "Soooo, what do you two like to do for fun back home?" (Y/n) asked, attempting to break the silence. "I don't have a lot of time for fun. I'm always competing or training." Yaz stated nervously. "Right, right. Totally relate." Brooklynn said, looking away nervously. "Oh, you know what it's like to spend 5 hours in the gym everyday?" Yaz asked, getting a little more specific. "Um-" (Y/n) watched as the two kept trying to one up each other. "Are you two good?" She asked, now she was getting nervous. "Of course (N/n)!" Yaz said. "Yeah! We just have so much in common!" Brooklynn stated. (Y/n) sighed defeated. Now it wasn't awkward, it was just very tense.
      When they got to the top they saw that Sammy and Kenji weren't making any effort to deal with the hang gliders. "Hmm. Sure, we'll get the hang gliders! You two can just keep looking at things!" Yaz said, her words laced with sarcasm. Kenji and Sammy didn't see it as such and agreed with her. (Y/n) rolled her eyes and walked over to the hang gliders, choosing to ignore Yaz and Brooklynn as they continued to try to one up each other. When she got to them, she noticed that they were chained up. She stared at it with a thoughtful look, before noticing the hang glider moving. She looked up and saw the girls each try to move it. "Uh guys. It's chained down." She dead panned.
      The two other girls looked at it and saw that (Y/n) was right. "Relax, I can totally pick that lock." Brooklynn smirked as she moved towards the lock to start lock picking it. "That will take forever, all I need is a good rock." Yaz said as she walked away. (Y/n) looked  between the two and face palmed, before deciding not to take sides and inspect the gliders for any tears that may have happened. She heard a click sound and Brooklynn giggle after a little bit, before watching her walk over to Yaz. (Y/n) rolled her eyes and shook her head before she continued to inspect the gliders. Suddenly she heard a dinosaur screeching, which scared her. She looked around and saw a Dimorphodon roaring at Brooklynn and Yaz. "She grabbed a stick and ran over, hitting the dino with the stick. "(Y/N)!" The girls yelled. "Back to the gondolas! Now!" She said, shoving the two towards the gondolas. Kenji and Sammy heard them and looked over at them. "We have to get out of here!" Brooklynn yelled before a Dimorphodon landed between them and the duo. It growled at them as more arrived. The two that were there then began to shriek, making the teens cover their ears. "Why is it doing that?!" Yaz asked, looking at (Y/n). "Oh no...."She said as she looked at the sky. "It's calling for the rest of them!" She said with dread. Kenji and Sammy made it into a gondola but the girls were still trapped.  They couldn't get to the gondolas, and they Dimorphodons above them made them duck under a glider.
      "Is there another way down?" Yaz asked as they scooted away, before she almost fell off the mountain. (Y/n) and Brooklynn caught her,  before they all looked at the glider behind them, getting the same idea. "There is one." (Y/n) said. "No other choice." Brooklynn agreed. They grabbed the hang glider and jumped off. It took a minute for the glider to catch wind, but eventually, they were safely gliding away. Unfortunately for them, the Dimorphodons were following them. Darius and Ben, who were on the ground with Bumpy, saw this and stared up in fear. (Y/n) let out a scream as one of the Dimorphodons got too close and tried to bite her. "We have to speed up!" Brookylnn said. "How? There's no gas pedal!" (Y/n) yelled. They then leaned out of the way of several dinos, before Yaz told them to go for a cloud. Once they were in the cloud, they lost the dinos. They all let out sighs of relief, and left the cloud. "I think we lost them!" Brooklyn said, making (Y/n) laugh. "Whoo-Hoo!" She said, excited to be safe.
      This didn't last long, as a remaining Dimorphodon cut through the sail, causing the girls to begin to crash. They let out terrified screams. The boys saw this and stared in fear. "(Y/n)!" Ben yelled running after them. Darius and Bumpy quickly followed. The girls crashed into a tree, which scared the boys more. "(Y/n)!" Ben yelled again. "Yaz! Brooklynn!" Darius yeleld as he ran faster. Ben stopped running and reached out for Darius. "Darius! Look out!" He yelled. Darius looked at him before looking at the sky, seeing the Dimorphodon that caused the girls to crash flying towards them. Ben knocked him out of the way, causing the dino to miss. It quickly swung back around and dove towards them, but Bumpy knocked it out of the air and roared at it. Ben ran to Bumpy's side and roared with her, Darius following suit. The Dimorphodon roared back, but flew away. They cheered and looked at each other, before they heard claps coming from the girls. "Wow!" Brooklynn said in awe. "That was very impressive." Yaz said.  (Y/n) hopped down from the tree they were in shortly after the girls did, and as soon as Ben saw her, he ran over to her and pulled her in a tight hug.
      (Y/n) was shocked, but couldn't help the blush coming onto her face. She smiled softly and hugged him back just as tight. The other chuckled at the two, but their attention was quickly turned to Sammy and Kenji who ran towards them laughing in relief. "Oh, I love it when we're all alive!" Sammy said, hugging everyone. They all laughed as Darius looked at the glider in the tree. "Yeah it's a little torn, but we can fix it up!" Darius said, gathering everyone's attention. "And its going to be a perfect sail for our next boat." He said. "Boat? Boat!" Sammy said, shaking Kenji's arm. He suddenly realized. "Boat!" He yelled, as the two began to laugh. (Y/n) looked at Ben in confusion, and he simply shrugged. "Uh, what are we talking about?" Darius asked. "We saw Mitch and Tiff's boat!" Kenji said. "It's off some rocks offshore. We can totally get to it!" Sammy said, making everyone gasp. "They then began to run, following Sammy and Kenji.
      (Y/n) got quite a ways, before she noticed that Ben wasn't moving. She rushed back to him. "Hey, you ok?" She asked. Ben looked at her and sighed. "Are we ok?" He asked her. She was surprised by his question, but sighed, knowing why he was asking. "I thought we had something but then you started avoiding me. Do you not like me?" He asked. "I do! I do like you, it's just...Im scare to lose you again. I don't wanna get close only to lose you..." She said, looking at the ground. Ben gave her a sympathetic look and walked over to her. He put his index finger under her chin and lifted her hear to look at him. "Hey, you wont lose me. If you want to go somewhere with this, we can take it slow, ok?" He asked. (Y/n) blushed, but nodded, pulling him into a hug. Ben was startled but hugged her back. "I'd like that." She whispered, but Ben heard it and smiled. They then held hands and proceeded to to walk to the group, who were watching as the sun began to set on the boat. Little did they know, they were not nearly out of the woods yet, because some where in the island, something terrible was lurking.