~Safe Harbor~

(You don't have to use this swimsuit, feel free to use what you feel comfortable in!)

      (Y/n) woke up the next day to the sound of her friends moving around and gathering their swimsuits. Today they were going to swim to Mitch and Tiff's boat and see if they could use it to get off the island. She sat up and then stretched, feeling her back pop. She looked to her side as she heard footsteps approaching her. It was Sammy.
      "Hey girl!" She said, walking to her. Sammy was already in her swimsuit. It was a one-piece suit that consisted of an orange top and maroon bottom. Excited and energetic, she seemed to squeak out "You ready for a swim?" (Y/n) smiled at the younger girl's excitement and nodded. She got up and walked over to her bag of clothes, grabbing her swimsuit. She walked over to the makeshift shower/changing room and got changed. When she walked out, Yaz, Sammy, and Brooklyn rushed over to her. "Wow (Y/n)! You look amazing!" Brooklynn stated a big smile on her face. "Yeah! You look really good!" Yaz reiterated. 
      A small blush crept its way onto (Y/n)'s face, as well as a nervous smile. She wasn't used to all this attention, nor did she think she was that attractive. As the girls swarmed (Y/n), Ben walked over to Kenji and Darius, who had both gotten changed by now. "Are the girls ready?" He asked the two. "Supposedly," Darius said as he and Ben looked over at them. However, as soon as Ben saw (Y/n) he was speechless. His face was covered in a blush which deepened as the girls walked closer. "Alright, I think we are ready!" Brooklynn said as (Y/n) walked over to stand next to Ben. 
      "Um..Y-you look nice!" He stuttered out as they began to walk. "Oh, um, thanks!" (Y/n) said, smiling nervously. A few minutes later, the teens all headed towards the boat. They walked on some rocks on shore, getting ready to swim over. It was a rather cloudy day, and the island was covered with fog, but the sun was poking through the clouds, and the teens needed to investigate the boat. they needed to make sure it was safe. (Y/n) adjusted the straps on her swimsuit as Darius spoke. "Stay sharp. For all we know Tiff is still in there." Darius said, his fellow teens nodding. They thin dove into the sea and swam over. Yaz and (Y/n) were the first to reach the boat, and the other's quickly caught up.
      Brooklynn and (Y/n) walked up the steps on the back of the boat first, peeking over the top, before looking back at the others. Slowly, they all walked onto the main part of the boat, looking around for Tiff or any worse danger. (Y/n) and Ben walked together, looking around. While Ben looked behind them, (Y/n) looked beside them, gasping as she saw claw marks. She subconsciously grabbed Ben's hand, both for comfort, and to get his attention. Ben looked at their hands, smiling slightly, then looked at the wall (Y/n) was staring at. His eyes widened in fear. "What do you think made those...?" He whispered. "I don't know...I just hope whatever it is isn't still on the ship...." (Y/n) answered as she continued to walk, her eyes lingering on the claw marks for a few more seconds.
      The two met up with Brooklynn at the front of the boat. "No sign of anyone, or anything." Ben said as (Y/n) walked over to Brooklynn. "Looks like Tiff has some unwanted visitors..." Brooklynn replied, looking back the way she came. (Y/n) looked that way and saw the same claw marks, but on the floor. "Well, whatever was here isn't anymore. Guess Tiff really ticked off some dinos before she left." (Y/n) stated, looking between the two. "We should go check and see if Sammy and Darius found anything." Brooklynn suggested. When they got there, Ben poked his head into the control room. "So we got a boat, we just can't use the boat." He said after hearing them say the boat was almost out of gas.
      Darius and Sammy came out of the control room. "Ok. The Northwest dock is just around that bend." Darius stated, pointing off into the distance. He continued to speak as he and Brooklynn climbed down the ladder. "If we can somehow make it there, maybe we can find more gas and whatever else we need to get off the island!" He explained. Sammy, (Y/n) and Ben stayed up at the control room. "Thing is, do we have enough gas to get there? And what if we can't find any gas? Aside from the jeeps and Kenji's Dad's supposed Limo collection, everything is electrical on the island." As she started to climb down the ladder. She was brought out of her train of thoughts when Kenji scared Brooklynn and Darius.
      He then busted out laughing, falling on the ground, while Brooklynn and Darius yelled at him. Yaz, who had walked over, crossed her arms and glared slightly while Ben deadpanned. "The height of comedy." He stated as the stared at a still laughing Kenji on the ground, before looking at (Y/n). "I'm gonna head back to shore, Bumpy and I will meet you all at the dock." He said. (Y/n) nodded and watched as he dove back into the water, swimming back to shore. "Guess the only question is: who's driving the boat?" Yaz asked. Kenji stood up, finally done laughing at his friends. "You mean: Who's dad has a yacht club membership and just found this killer hat?" He asked, spinning a hat on his finger. The teens all glared at him. "Captain Kenji at your service!" He added, putting on the hat and laughing. (Y/n) rolled her eyes and pushed him towards the ladder. "Alright then 'Captain', start driving." She said, a playful smirk on her face. He went up the ladder and tried to start the boat. It stalled at first, making him nervous, but then he tried gain and it started. (Y/n) cheered along with her friends as the boat began moving towards the dock.
      When they got to the dock, Yaz was instructing Kenji on docking the boat. However, he still managed to crash it a little into the side of the dock. This caused (Y/n) and Brooklynn to grab onto the side of the boat so they didn't fall over.  They looked at each other with annoyed faces at Kenji, before (Y/n) hopped onto the dock. Yaz followed close behind her and the two walked over to Ben and Bumpy who had arrived just a few minutes after them. Ben had a bag of stuff that he gave to Yaz. "Thanks!" She said, before walking back towards the boat. (Y/n) gave Bumpy a head rub, something Bumpy was happy to receive. Ben chuckled as he watched them interact, a soft smile on his face. He was brought out of his trance when he heard Sammy walk over. "Hey friends! How was your walk?" She asked. "Great. Zero dinos." Ben answered, hopping off Bumpy as they started to walk closer to the group. "And even better, the dock is surrounded by a fence. I locked up after Bumpy and I came through." He added, standing next to (Y/n).
      "Great! That means if any dinos do come to the dock, they can't bother us." She said, glad that they could be safe for a bit. Sammy smiled as Bumpy got closer to her. "Hi Bumpy! Hey girl. Hey-oh, okay." She said, giving Bumpy's head a hug, only for Bumpy to push past her and go straight to Yaz. She rubbed her head against Yaz' leg, something that startled the girl, but she quickly accepted it. Sammy was super confused and looked back at Ben and (Y/n), who both just shrugged. They then turned their attention to Darius when he spoke up. "It's getting late. We might as well rest up here. We can scavenge for supplies in the morning.." He said, looking at the others from the boat. Kenji, however, protested this. "Woah woah woah, pump the brakes bro! Look around!" He said, walking to Ben and Sammy and putting his arms around them. "We've got swimsuits, a few hours of sun, and a whole boat at our disposal! If that doesn't scream 'yacht party', I don't know what does!" He stated, getting more and more excited by the minute. Luckily for him, the others agreed with him and thus the yacht party began.
      They were all laughing and enjoying themselves. (Y/n) was in the water waiting for Ben and Yaz to join her. "Here is what eight years of diving lessons looks like." Yaz said with a determined look. She then jumped backwards, did some flips, then landed in the water head first. She came back up and high-fived (Y/n). "Here's what running from an Allosaurus then tripping and falling off a waterfall looks like!" Ben said, before running from the edge of the dock. He then ran and jumped off the dock, his legs keeping the running motion as he let out a playful scream. He landed in the water, his splash wetting (Y/n) and Yaz. When he came back up, (Y/n) splashed him as pay back. After a while of hanging out in the water, (Y/n) made her way back onto the boat. She walked to the back of the yacht, squeezing the water out of her hair, before stretching and laying on the seats. She sighed with content as she felt the sun's rays warm her back.
      She was about to doze off, but the sound of someone approaching her made her look up. It was Ben. "Oh, hey, you done with the water?" She asked. "Yeah, figured I'd come dry off with you." He said, sitting by her. She smiled and let her head rest on his lap. "We're finally going home!" She said, though she wasn't as excited as she attempted to sound. She still had no idea if she even had a family waiting for her. Ben picked up on this. "You don't seem all that excited." He said, looking down at her. She sighed and sat up, hugging her knees to her chest. "Still unsure about your bother..?" He asked, earning a nod from her. Ben sighed and wrapped an arm around her, bringing her into a hug. "Hey, if you want, I could see if my mom would let you stay with us." He offered, making (Y/n) look up at him. "That's only if by some miracle your brother didn't make it." He said, giving her a reassuring smile. She smiled back at him before snuggling into him. "Thanks." She said. Ben was surprised by her snuggling into her, but smiled and kept an arm around her, happy with their current position.
      Their moment was interrupted however, by the boat suddenly jerking. The force of the jolt made the two teens fall off the seat and onto the floor. Ben held one hand at the back of (Y/n)'s head so she wouldn't hit it on the floor. They looked at each other when it was over, before getting up and hurrying over to the others. They all crowded around the side of the boat looking for what caused the jolt. "What happened?" (Y/n) asked when they sotted the issue. "We couldn't have hit something." Yaz answered. In the side of the boat was a big hole. "This won't wait til tomorrow. We gotta patch this tonight before--" Darius was cut off by Kenji. "The boat sinks!" He said, smirking and adjusting his hat. (Y/n) and Yaz rolled their eyes. "Thanks for the clarification." Yaz said sarcastically. Brooklynn looked at the cargo bins at the dock. "There's gotta be some tools or boating supplied we can scavenge." She said. Darius stood up. "Let's hurry. It's getting dark and the fog's rolling in." He stated. (Y/n) nodded. "If we split up, we'll be able to cover more ground quickly." She added. "Let's get changed, then look for the supplies." She added. The other nodded and they all went to get changed.
      By the time they had completely changed, it had gotten dark and the fog had covered the area. This didn't change their determination to fix the boat however. They walked as a group to the main part of the dock. They could barely see anything, but still, they picked their directions and split up. Ben and (Y/n) went together, holding hands so they didn't lose each other in the fog. They looked at jeeps, in barrels and boxes, and attempted to open some of the cargo bins, but they didn't find anything. After a little while, they spotted two figures in the fog. "I think that's Brooklynn and Darius." (Y/n) stated as the two began running over to them. Darius waved them over as they got closer. They smiled at the two, before they heard a dino growl. This made them all gasp. Darius and Brooklynn looked behind them and saw two dino figures walking over to them. "I thought you said you locked the fence!" (Y/n) whispered. "Something broke it!" Darius whispered in defense of Ben as the figures got closer.
      Once the dinos were visible, Darius and (Y/n) calmed down. "It's okay. They're just Ouranosauruses." Darius said with a relieved smile. "They're big, but they're pretty much harmless." (Y/n) added. This gave Ben and Brooklynn some relief, but that was quickly removed when the dinos snarled at them. "Do they know that?!" Ben yelled as they began to run from the dinos, who had begun chasing them. They turned past a cargo bin and kept running into the fog. "This way! Hurry!" Brooklynn yelled as she led the three to what she hoped would be safety. They heard the dinos roar and then a loud thud. "What was that?!" (Y/n) asked, looking to the sound of the dinos. "Who cares! We need to get back to the boat!" Brooklynn said, worried for everyone's safety. (Y/n) stopped running and listened again. She heard Yaz scream and gasped. "(Y/n)! Come on it's not safe here!" Ben said, running to her to grab her arm. She looked at him. "Yaz needs help." She said, looking him in the eyes before running into the fog.
      "(Y/n)!" Ben yelled, trying to go after her, but was held back by Brooklynn and Darius. "She'll be okay! But we wont if we stay here. We have to go!" Darius said, pulling Ben towards the boat. Meanwhile, (Y/n) ran through the fog, following the occasional screams, until she came across Ya, who was stuck on top of a cargo bin, the two Ouranosauruses circling her. (Y/n) climbed onto the cargo bin next to her. "Yaz!" She yelled, waving her hands. Yazmina saw her and jumped over to where she was. "How do we escape them?!" She asked, looking at (Y/n) with a terrified look. (Y/n) looked around and thought for a minute. As she looked, she noticed something on the ground. It was the Fire crackers that Kenji was carrying around. "Stay here!" She said, before hopping down from the cargo bin. When she landed, the dinos saw her and roared, charging at her. She gasped and ran towards the fire crackers. She managed to reach them, praying that there were still some left. As she reached into the bag, to her luck and relief, there were a few left. She smiled and laughed, but was quickly brought back to reality when she heard the dinos roar at her. They were still charging her, getting closer by the second.
     Grabbing as many fire crackers as she could, she threw them at the ground between her and the dinos. They went off in little explosions, which was enough to spook  the dinos away from her and Yazmina. As the dinos fled, Yaz cheered and hopped down from the bin, running to (Y/n) to hug her. "Thanks for the save!" She said. (Y/n) chuckled. "I'm starting to think I'm a privileged friends since I get all your hugs." She joked, making Yaz laugh. "Dont go advertising it. That's a you and Sammy thing only." She said. They two laughed a bit, before another scream caught their attention. "Kenji!" They both said, before running towards where the sound came from. It didn't take them long to find him. He was on the ground, kicking at an Ouranosaurus that as closing in on him. (Y/n) checked for anymore firecrackers. "I'm out of fire crackers!" She said worriedly, but Yaz was already on it. She threw a crowbar at the dino with a direct hit. Kenji took the dino's distraction as a way to escape. He didn't see the girls, however, until Yaz spoke up. "Kenji!" She whispered, making him look at them.
      (Y/n) pulled him into their hiding spot and made him crouch down. "Where are the others?" Yaz whispered once the were sort of safe. "I don't know!" Kenji said panicked. "I was with Brooklynn, Darius, and Ben, but i don't know where they are now." (Y/n) whispered. "So what do we do?" Kenji asked, fear in his eyes from the dinos. "Our best bet is to find out way back to the boat. Maybe we will find the others along the way." (Y/n) said after thinking for a moment. Yaz and Kenji nodded, trusting (Y/n). "On the count of three, we run. One...two...three!"(Y/n) said, and they all ran. They had managed to get pretty far, before Kenji ran into and landed ontop of Darius. "Kenji! You're ok!" Brooklynn said. "Darius broke my fall! Thanks bro!" Kenji said as Yaz helped them get up. (Y/n) slowed her run to a walk as she got closer to the group. She was still in the fog, so the group couldn't see her. Something wasn't right. Sammy and Bumpy were missing. She looked behind them, then back at the group, before taking off back towards the cargo bins. She had to find Bumpy and Sammy. Ben was quick to notice that (Y/n) wasn't there. "Where's (Y/n)?" He asked, getting a little more worried for her safety. "Dude chill, your girl is right behind us!" Kenji said, oblivious to the fact that she, in fact, was not there. The group looked behind them, only to see no (Y/n).
      "What?! But she was just with us!" Kenji said, now he was worried for her. They may not be together anymore, but he still considered her like the sister he never had. "Guys, where is Sammy?" Yaz asked, noticing Sammy wasn't with them either. "(Y/n) probably went after Sammy!" Brooklynn said, worried for both of her friends. "We have to find them!" Ben said, worried sick. Meanwhile, as (Y/n) walked through the fog, she saw a moving figure. At first, she thought it was a dino, but the more she looked at it, the more the figure seemed to be too small to be a dino. She hurried towards it and as she got closer, she saw that it was Sammy. She reached out and grabbed her shoulder, making the girl scream and turn around. "Shhh! Sammy, Sammy! It's me!" She said, quickly trying to calm the girl down. When Sammy realized it was just her friend, she calmed down and pulled (Y/n) into a big hug. "Thank goodness! I was getting worried with all this fog." She said relieved, letting (Y/n) out of her hug. "Im trying to find Bumpy!" She explained as she continued to walk in the direction she was going, with her hands stretched out. "She got lost in the fog and i'm trying to help her." She added as (Y/n) walked with her.
      After walking a few more feet, Sammy's hands fell onto a dino's skin. She let out a startled scream and pulled back, but calmed down when she saw it was only Bumpy. "Looks like we found her." (Y/n) said as Bumpy looked at the two of them. "There you are! Don't be scared, just settle." Sammy said, trying to calm Bumpy down, but Bumpy turned away from her and rubbed her head on (Y/n)'s leg. (Y/n) chuckled and gave Bumpy a head scratch. Sammy only watched this and sighed. "Let's get back to the others.." She said in a defeated tone. (Y/n) picked up on this and looked at Sammy with concern and confusion. She didn't get to question it though, because an Ouranousaurus had snuck up on them and charged at them, roaring. This made the girls scream and back up into Bumpy, who moved in front of them protectively, swinging her tail at the bigger dino. She then charged at the dino, knocking it over. It slid towards the girls and (Y/n) jumped, pushing Sammy out the way. The dino was knocked out and as Bumpy walked back to the girls, Sammy hugged her head. "Oh, good girl! Let's go!" She said, running to her right. Bumpy however, walked to their left. "Uh, Sammy!" (Y/n) called, getting Sammy's attention. "That way works too!" Sammy said as they followed Bumpy.
      However, due to the fog, the girls got separated from Bumpy. They looked around nervously, calling out to their dino friend, before going down an ally way. They heard a dino groan which made them panic and look around, only to be pulled between two cargo bins. Sammy was pulled by Yaz, who had a hand over her mouth to keep her from screaming, while (Y/n) was pulled by Ben, who was holding her close to him while she clung to him. They were now with the group again. They waited for the Ouranosaurus to walk past them, and when it did, they sighed and backed up, heading towards the dock slowly. "We gotta get on that boat and cast off." Darius whispered. Ben held (Y/n)'s hand. Partially so she he wouldn't lose her again and partially because he could tell she was scared. "What about the hole in the side?" He asked Darius, his thumb rubbing (Y/n)'s hand as a comfort mechanism, something she was grateful for. "We'll figure something out." Darius spoke up, not worried about the hole at the moment. "We don't have a choice." He concluded as he lead them towards the dock. "Then what? Where are we going to go?" Kenji asked. "Anywhere but here...."(Y/n) said, terrified. The adrenaline had worn off for her and she had time to think. These herbivores were attacking them, something they don't normally do, or haven't done since...her eyes widened with fear as she realized something horrible.
      She was brought out of her train of thought by Kenji pointing out the yacht. "There! Party Yacht for the win!" He yelled, seeing the lights from the candles he places earlier. However, his yelling gave them away and the Ouranosauruses banged against the cargo bin they were behind. This scared them and made them scream, running towards the boat. Ben held (Y/n)'s hand tightly, pulling her onto the boat. He noticed how much she was shaking, and quickly sat her down. Bumpy, who was now on the boat, lay down infront of her and Ben decided to mover her to Bumpy. "Stay here, I'm going to help them patch the hole. You'll be ok, just stay with Bumpy." He said, She looked at her, trying to control her breathing, as she nodded, curling into Bumpy's side. She closed her eyes and focused on her breathing. She managed to calm down a little, but it didn't last long, because the  Ouranosauruses swam to them, and were attacking the boat. (Y/n) screamed and Bumpy stood up, being the barrier between (Y/n) and the Ouranosauruses, hitting them with her tail. She held them off long enough for the others to scare them off with some fireworks. They all cheered as they watched the dinos run off.
      (Y/n) tried to calm her breathing again, and this time it did work. Ben rushed over to her and pulled her into a hug, one she returned rather quickly, holding onto him tightly. "You're ok now. You're safe." He said, letting her listen to his heartbeat. It was still pumping fast, but it  seemed to sooth her. "T-thanks...." She whispered. By the time she was fully calm, morning had come. She had decided to go over to Darius to talk to him. As she approached him, she saw he was talking to Kenji and Brooklynn about the exact thing she had noticed. "First the compies disappear around cam, then peaceful herbivores attack us and take over the dock, an area they shouldn't even care about?" He stated. "Things are definitely getting next level weird." Brooklynn said as (Y/n) came and stood next to her. "(Y/n)! How you feeling?" Darius asked, looking at her. "I'm better. Darius, the dinos haven't acted like this since...the Indominous broke out. It wasn't to this degree, but it still threw them off balance." She said nervously. Darius' eyes widened. "Well, whatever happened, the island is definitely off balance now. Let's just hope whatever made it go off balance stays away from us..." He responded as the four of them looked back on the island. While they had the right idea, they were completely un aware just how dangerous the island got, as a new, more vicious, and more unstable predator was on the loose.