Departure x And x Friends

Fearsome monsters... Exotic creatures...
Vast riches... Hidden treasures...
Evil enclaves... Unexplored lands...
The word "unknown" holds magic.
And some incredible people are drawn to that magic.
They are known...
...as Hunters!

On the quiet and tranquil Whale Island, in the harbour of the small island, everyone helps each other and one of the men carrying boxes of fishes spots a familiar redhead. "Gon and Gigi's still trying to catch the Lord of the Lake?" The man in red asks, startling her.
"H-Huh? Y-Yes..." Mito answers, stopping her actions, look at the men and goes back to work. "They've been at it for a week, non-stop."
"You promised they could take the Hunter Exam if they caught the Lord of the Lake?" The man in red questions.
"What fools! Five adults couldn't manage to reel in that monster. How are children supposed to catch that beast? Mito doesn't want them taking the Hunter Exam," The man in blue argues.
"But Gon and Gigi's old man was the same age when he caught it...." The first man argues back.
"They can't do it...." He laughs as they walk away, and Mito gasps, thinking about it and wonders if Gon and Gigi are doing any better in the forest.

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

A young boy sits on a large tree, on a platform dressed in leaves to hide as he holds his fishing rod, silently waiting for one specific fish. The young boy known as Gon sits patiently and sees the red float in the water, beginning to dip, creating ripples on the water's surface. Gon's eyes gleam as he keeps waiting till the float drops under the lake, and he jumps to his feet, discarding the leaf cape and hat. "I got him!" He shouts, and a young girl with similar features and coloured hair drops down next to Gon, helping him, taking a grip of the fishing rod. "Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! We got him good!" The catch begins fighting back as it pulls further into the water, and Gon comes up with an idea as he circles around the tree, using it as a pulley.

The young girl named Gigi, Gon's older twin, gets a neon green dart from her sleeve; she stabs it into the tree and ties the slightly lacking fishing wire, looping it to help her twin

The young girl named Gigi, Gon's older twin, gets a neon green dart from her sleeve; she stabs it into the tree and ties the slightly lacking fishing wire, looping it to help her twin. Gigi joins her brother, helping to pull the beast of a fish to the surface, but it's still an effort as the two tweens try to remove the fish. The Lord of the Lake swims away, and they hitch their feet onto the trunk of the tree as they pull. Gigi taps her brother on his arm, and he looks at her as she points to her dart. He nods, sharing the same idea as they jump from their little platform and swing around one of the tree branches. They see a fin of the blue fish, growing evermore determined to get that fish out of the lake as the twins swing around the branch, looping the wire around and finally, the Lord of the Lake bursts out of the water. The twins look at the large blue fish in awe, and Gigi jumps on the spot, clapping her hands, and they carry the Lord of the Lake out of the forest, watching to show their Aunt Mito.

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

Gigi and Gon carry the Lord of the Lake out of the forest to the harbour, with everyone looking in awe as they set the fish down on the ground. "It's huge!"
"This is the Lord of the Lake?"
"It's been twenty years!"
"I know! It was Gigi and Gon's father that time, right?!"
"They're their father's children," The villagers all gossip in awe as they crowd around the beast of a blue fish.
"Gon and Gigi actually caught the Lord! Look, Mito!" One of the fishermen calls to the redhead. Gon beams as he spots his aunt and pokes his sister, who looks over, seeming overjoyed to see her, and they run over to stand in front of her.
"Mito!" Gon exclaims.
"Mito!" Gigi signs.
"We caught the Lord, as promised...." He tells his aunt.
"So we can take the Hunter Exam, right?" She asks her aunt.
"Right?" The younger twin asks again, and Mito looks into their eyes, seeing the determination and she signs, giving in. "We'll do our best!" Gon runs off, grabbing his sister's hand. "We promise to become Hunters!"