Showdown x On The x Airship

Fearsome monsters... Exotic creatures...

Vast riches... Hidden treasures...

Evil enclaves... Unexplored lands...

The word "unknown" holds magic.

And some incredible people are drawn to that magic.

They are known...

...as Hunters!

After clearing the exam's Second Phase, Gon, Gigi, and their friends fly through the starry sky toward the site for the Third Phase.

The remaining Hunter applicants stand inside the airship's central area in front of Chairman Netero and Beans. "Allow me to introduce myself to the forty-two remaining applicants. I am Netero, Chairman of this year's Hunter Exam Selection Committee," Netero introduces himself.

"I am his secretary, Beans," He introduces himself.

"Originally, I'd planned to make my appearance during the exam's final phase, but as I'm already here...." The Chairman looks around the room at the applicants. "I'm loving this tension in the air! So I think I'll stick around for the rest of the trip," He chuckles.

"We are scheduled to arrive at our destination tomorrow morning, at 8 am. You'll find dinner waiting in the dining hall. You are also welcome to get some rest. In other words, you're free to do as you please until you are contacted," Beans explains.

"Okay, Gon, Gigi! Let's explore the airship!" Killua tells them, and Gon taps his sister, gaining her attention.

"Yeah!" Gon agrees, and the boys run off, with Gigi running after them.

"How can they have so much energy?" Leorio groans, watching the three 12-year-olds. "I'm hitting the sack...."

"You can say that again. However, I do have one concern...." Kurapika replies.

"Hmm? What's up?" He asks his friend as they walk off to find somewhere to sleep.

"How many more phases are there?" The blond wonders aloud.

"Oh... They've never mentioned that, have they?" Leorio agrees.

"On average, there are five or six phases," Tonpa informs them, walking over.

"Which means we still have three or four to go...." He sighs.

"All the more reason to rest now," Kurapika sighs, the last few days catching up with him, and they go to step outside.

"But you should be careful," Tonpa warns them, making the two teens stop. "The secretary only told us when we'll arrive at our destination. It's possible that the third exam could take place on this airship itself. And it doesn't necessarily mean we'll be contacted at 8 am."

"Huh? Are you serious?" Leorio looks at him in shock.

"Hmm, that does make sense...." Kurapika muses.

"You might wake up to discover that the exam has already ended. If you plan to make it to the next phase, don't let yourself relax on this airship," Tonpa tells them.

"What the hell... Well, that was some good advice. Thanks," Leorio replies, walking away.

"We shall bear that in mind," Kurapika adds, walking away.