01

warning(s) : slight bullying

chapter one

Y/N HWANG sighs, placing her chin on her palm lips pursed as she looks around ahead. Mr Lee has his back to the class, furiously writing on the board. Chalk clicking and scraping against the dark green surface. The boy beside Y/N taps his shoe against the tiles, pen gliding across the page as his eyes move from the page to the board.

A huff escapes her lips, her shoe coming in contact with the boy's ankle making him curse, a big line across his notes. He opens his mouth in a silent scream, eyes screwed shut as he flexes his foot in attempt to stop the throbbing. He doesn't say anything, silently proceeding with his feet planted to the floor.

Y/N's eyes shift from the copious white writing to the rows of brown and black in a sea of dark green. The students of Class 2-1 pay close attention to the lesson as they jot down every word Mr Lee writes, scared for their upcoming exams. The material their science teacher is furiously jotting down is levels ahead of what they're meant to study. Y/N lazily blinks as she surveys the class with a yawn.

Boring. Boring. Boring!

Her gaze stops on Yoon Gwi-nam. One of the bully's gophers. Y/N never really paid him much mind before. Just knows the basics, an upper-middle-class kid who gets bored and has some shitty friends. They're entertaining though. He seems to enjoy tormenting other people. Something Y/N resonates with. Other people's pain brought her a strange sense of pleasure. She never understood it and her parents didn't really give her the chance to explore why.

Y/n watches as Gwi-nam snatches a pair of scissors from the boy beside him with a growing smirk on his face. He tightly grips the sleek ponytail of the girl in front of him and forcefully pulls her head back. A delightful tingle crawls up Y/N's spine, her lips turning upward as she watches the scene play out. Gwi-nam leans in close, shushing the whimpering girl and whispers in her ear.

"Shh, shh. Shut the fuck up!" He hisses as she carries on crying, weakly clawing at his hand that tightens the painful grip on her hair.

Gwi-nam pulls her head back in a quick motion so that it slams against the back of his desk. The girl shouts in pain, echoing in the quiet room, drawing the attention of Mr Lee who pauses and turns to the class in frustration. Gwi-nam immediately releases the girl and drops the scissors and picking up a pencil.

"What was that?" The teacher's empty eyes stare at the girl with tears in her eyes. A sharp kick at the back of her legs makes her jump slightly.