[Chapter 3] Tension

"Lord Carbuncle! Lord Carbuncle!", a red feathered Phantom cried out in panic as he ran through a gloomy corridor...

before stopping infront of a doorway which lead to a black void, only illuminated by the glow of a large magicle circle on the floor

...before stopping infront of a doorway which lead to a black void, only illuminated by the glow of a large magicle circle on the floor. Another phantom, possibly the one known as "Carbuncle", was facing away from the doorway, watching a magical screen which showed Wizard battling and destroying various Phantoms and Ghouls.

The red Phantom then called out to Carbuncle once more before going to speak only to be immediately interrupted by his lord when the white Phantom lifted his right hand up, "Phoenix, before you say anything

The red Phantom then called out to Carbuncle once more before going to speak only to be immediately interrupted by his lord when the white Phantom lifted his right hand up, "Phoenix, before you say anything... Let me guess, Minotaur's dead, isn't he?".

Phoenix then answered with a nervous "Yes...", a response which made Carbuncle sighed in disappointment as he pinched his non-existent eyes. "Right... Uuuh, I came back to inform you something I found. Let's just say, you ain't gonna like it...", Phoenix said. The white Phantom gave his permission for Phoenix to continue.

"Well, turns out humans can use magic", the red phantom said. Carbuncle was left in disbelief, he turned around to face Phoenix and told him to elaborate more. "So, while I was observing Minotaur...", he then proceeded to go over Minotaur's fight with Petra, Scharlachrot and Weiss, "... then that magician showed up and made quick work of him".

Carbuncle stared into the empty void that is his room before snapping his fingers, causing the magical screen to disappear. The white Phantom then took a deep breath before asking Phoenix, "And how many Phantoms were lost by the time we found out about this knowledge?", with Phoenix reluctantly answered "Uuuuuh..... 12?".

Everything went silent between the two until Carbuncle orders Phoenix to step out of his room. Without questioning his lord, Phoenix did what he was told. When he was far enough from the doorway, a magical barrier then formed, barricading it. It was transparent however, so Phoenix saw Carbuncle throwing a fit of rage as he thrashed around the room, shooting purple energy waves from his large hook. "Yup, figured that was gonna happen...", the red Phantom mused as he tapped his chin.
_________________________________________

Back at the Mortal World, Kaito was walking through the empty hallways of the Misono Academy since it was already the end of school, thinking back to his conversation with Saki. "I've already made my mind, it's best that I should tell them. Now if I remember correctly, I think they're in the library", he thought to himself.