"I hate you!"..."I know..."

Eventually it got late and people started showing up. Donna made the inside of her house off limits, so the party was in the backyard. I was talking to Jackie and Donna when Kelso ran out of no where wearing a white sheet.

Donna and I started laughing at him. "Kelso, what the hell are you wearing?" I asked. "Hey. Why's no one wearing their togas? I thought this was a toga party." He said. "Michaellll. This is a normal party." Jackie said.

"Oh...well, I'm cooler than all you losers cause I wore a toga and you didn't." He said yelling at everyone. I rolled my eyes. "Hey Donna, have you seen Hyde?" I asked as Jackie and Kelso walked off somewhere to do whatever.

"No, I haven't, see if he went inside." She said. I nodded and opened the door. I didn't see anyone so I decided to check the rooms. I don't think Steven would do that, but I wanted to talk to him. I might as well look everywhere.

I opened the door to Donna's room and tears filled my eyes. "What the hell." I said. Steven was kissing someone and then he pushed her away. "No, Janie, it's not what it looks like." He said. I shook my head. "How could you! We're you just stringing me along? Or was I just some sick and twisted fantasy of yours? 'how awesome would it be if I nailed my best friend's sister'! God Steven, I've basically been in love with you since I we were 11/12! Maybe I shouldn't even have come back to Point Place." I said shaking my head.

"Janie let me explain." Hyde said. I shook my head. "No, Have fun, you just lost your girlfriend and your best friend." I said as the tears started pouring. I ran out of the room and Steven ran after me.

He tried to grab my arm but I ran outside, he followed me. I was about to run home but Steven yelled. "God...I love you!"  Everyone was looking at us now. I shook my head. "No you don't!" "Look, you know as well as I do that I don't talk about my feelings, but I am right now because I don't want to lose my girlfriend!" He argued.

I scoffed. "Then you should of thought about that before you kissed someone else!" I said. "Janie, please, let me explain!" He asked. I shook my head. "No." "No? Then fine, forget about everything that has happened these past weeks.  As far as I'm concerned, you're not my burnout anymore!" He yelled.

I nodded and wiped some tears. "Yeah? Well as far as I'm concerned, you're not boyfriend or best friend anymore!" I said. "...really?" He said.  I can't believe this was happening. I thought Hyde and I would make it till one of us either got arrested or died.

This wasn't like any arguments we ever had, of course we never did argue, we just play argued. I'd say something that was either mocking Steven or something and he'd go 'I hate you' and I would go 'no you don't' and then he would go 'I know'. This wasn't like that.

We were breaking up as a couple and as friends. I nodded. "I hate you!" I said. He looked sad and he nodded. "...I know." I then turned around and ran home. Everyone was looking at Steven. "Oh my god!" Jackie said. "You banged Little Forman!" Kelso said amazed. Hyde rolled his eyes.

"My sister man?" Eric said. "No, Hyde, you gotta fix this and fast, before she runs away again." Donna said. Hyde hung his head. "I know." Fez came out of nowhere. "What did I miss?" He asked.

"Janie and Hyde just broke up." Donna said. "But they weren't together?" He questioned. "It was a secret relationship." Jackie said. His eyes filled with realization. "Ohhhh, Steven, you sly dog." He said. Hyde rolled his eyes.

"I'll be back." He said as he walked over to the Formans. "Janie?" He called through the house. He got no answer so he went up the stairs to her room. He knocked on the door but there was no answer.

He opened the door and was met with the sound of What Is and What Should Never Be by Led Zeppelin playing. He looked around her room and her window was open. 'I really hope she didn't run away again man'. Hyde thought to himself.

He walked to the kitchen and took the keys to the vista cruiser. There was one place Janie always went when things got bad, well the alternative to running away. The water tower.

When he got to the water tower and climbed it, he found Janie sitting there. "Hey." He said. "Go away Hyde." She said. He didn't listen and sat next to her. "Look, just let me explain, okay?" He said.

"Fine, but I know what I saw Steven." She said. He nodded. "She kissed me and I pushed her away." He said. "I know you saw me push her away." He added. "Yeah, I did...for a minute I really did think you cheated one me, Steven." She said, turning to look at him.

"Are...are you lying to me? Are you trying to save your ass or are you being honest?" She asked him. Steven turned and looked at her. "I wouldn't...can I tell you something?" He asked. She nodded, "Are you gunna turn into a girl again." She mocked as she nudged him.

"...maybe." He said. She nodded again. "Alright, what is it?" She asked. "You missed prom." He started. "Yeah. What's that got to do with anything?" She asked. "I went to prom." He told her. "You, Steven Hyde, went to prom?" She mocked him.

He nodded. "I wasn't gunna go because you weren't here. I went with Jackie, she just wanted to make Kelso jealous and it worked. We didn't do anything, but Jackie and Kelso ended up together at the end of the night." He said.

"So you went as...friends?" Janie asked him. "More like people who couldn't go with who they wanted to go to prom with. Jackie and I, we ain't friends." He said. "Wait, you wanted to go prom with me?" She asked. He nodded.

"But you weren't here." He said. "I'm pretty sure I was in Lincoln, Nebraska." Janie said. "You really did go all over, huh?" Hyde asked her. "Yeah, but then I came home a few days after. I want to hear more about prom. Who did Kelso take as a date?" She asked.

"Pam Macy." He told her. "No way." Janie said. "Yeah, but I ended up driving her home because Jackie and Kelso made amends man." He said. "Oh." Janie said, looking out to the trees and view. "No, no, not like that. I actually turned her down. She tried to, but I rejected her man." Hyde said.

Janie looked at Steven again. "So what your saying is you turned down sex with Pam Macy because of me?" She asked him. "Yeah, weird thing is, even though she was throwing herself at me, I didn't want to man." He told her.

"So you didn't cheat on me." She realized. He nodded. "Never. Ain't no one quite like you, doll." He said. She sighed. "I'm glad, I'm-I'm sorry about the scene earlier." She said.

He shrugged. "I didn't want to lose you." She smiled. "Good, cause I didn't want to lose you either. But now everyone knows we're dating." She said. He nodded. "We'll deal with it, we just gotta keep it from Red and Kitty. Red would kill me, Kitty, Kitty would be fine about it." Steven said.

I nodded. "About what you said when I was going to leave...did you mean it?" She asked him.

"If I tell you I'll turn into a girl." He said. "Fine, but just so you know, so do I." She told him. "Will you be my burnout again?" He asked her. She looked at him. "Will you be my boyfriend and best friend again?" She answered, answering his question with another question.

"Anytime, doll." He said. "Let's go hurry and get back to the party before midnight so you don't turn into a girl." She said getting up, Steven doing the same. "I hate you." He said as they climbed down and walked to the car. "No you don't." Janie said.

He sighed and started the car, going back to Donna's. Janie looked at him and he smiled. "I know."