49) Hurting and Healing

Amulya's Point of View

*****

"I see a very good progress in your reports Amulya"My therapist, Jennifer said making me smile.

I've been attending to her therapy sessions on Aditya's request, from the time I learnt everything about my rape. It was hard to let it go. I've spent hours talking to her about my feelings and how much I went through over the past few months.

"I'm glad you're moving on. I don't think you require more of any sessions. Aditya was your need. You got what you needed"she said.

"I know. I thought I could just run away from him and everything will be alright. But I never realised that he did everything just to be with me. I hurted him. I kept bringing up my past again and again. But- now all I want is to see him happy"

"I can understand. You went through so much. Sometimes life hit so hard on us. But every time it does, it would make sure that we would remember the hurt. That's how we build ourselves and grow strong"she said making me nod.

"Thank you for whatever you've done for me Jennifer"I said.

"I didn't do anything Amulya. You were strong enough to fight for yourself. Trust me Aditya is gonna be really proud of you"she said.

"He is"

I thank Jenni as I leave her cabin. My heart always felt lighter after talking to her.

Today night we are leaving for London. Aditya had to get done with some meetings so he left for work early. He sent me to meet Jenni along with the driver.

Finally I was feeling content from my heart. I'm getting to live a life with him. There was nothing more I wanted. Although it was hard for me to let go off the ghosts of my past, he made sure that he was with me throughout each step of healing. That's why I love him.

My Vicky.

My Aditya.

I don't know what I did to deserve someone like him. Each day he made me want more of him. I was happy that we would get to spend some time alone for few days.

Aditya made sure that he conclude most of the work, so that there won't be an interruption in our trip. I was glad that he was doing so much just to spend some time with me.

I came outside the clinic and dialled to my driver. Just then a car pulled up in front of me making me startle. I looked down as the glass windows lowered, revealing Arjun in the driver seat. My lips widened into a smile seeing him.

"Hey what are you doing here?"I asked.

"Adi told me to pick you up. Get in"he said making me narrow my eyes.

I got inside the car and looked at Arjun with suspicion.

"What?"he shrugged, seeing my stare.

"I know Aditya didn't sent you to pick me up. Tell me what's the matter?"I asked.

"God Amu. You're so mean. I thought I could spend some time with my so-called friend who forgot that I was alive and now she is questioning me"he sighed dramatically making me chuckle.

"You're such a girl"I laughed and he frowned at me. I tried to control my laughter.

"Sorry. I didn't forgot that you're alive. You're my best friend Arjun"I said, pulling his cheek.

"Yeah as if I believe that. Ever since you and Aadi had confessed your feelings for each other, you guys had ghosted my ass off. Adi even forgot that I was there. He spends all his time with you. I'm his friend for namesake"he said making me smile sadly at him.