2.First Meeting

Rufus~
Something is wrong with me these days. Without Nabi, I feel empty from the inside.
Why does love hurt so bad?

Walking down the streets while sulking over my miseries, I caught sight of a huge banner that was glistening due to the sunlight scattered on it and it said
"If you lower your fear, the beast inside you will grow," says Adries Miller, the CEO of Starlight Company.

Huh Adries Miller, one of the famous upcoming businessmen, has always been bothersome.

You ask, "Who is he to me?"

He is the elder brother everyone has who is always better at everything they do.

As you ask, why is this annoying?

We live together, and every time we are together, he never forgets to boast about himself. As if he is the only one who has achieved something great.

But what piqued my curiosity was the girl who was praising Adries for his thoughtful quote.

Damn her words really made me angry, cause from childhood Adries got all praises and attention.

I really hated when someone compares me with Adries. Just let me graduate from University and I'll be the most successful businessman in this world, better than Adries.

As I was supposed to walk past the Billboard, suddenly the blonde girl turned around, knocking her drink all over my shirt.

"Darn it, you ruined my shirt" and my morning too, I wish I could say that.

"I am really sorry sir, I didn't mean to ruin your shirt. I'll repay you someday as I am in a hurry right now" she said with pleading eyes.

I don't know why but when I looked into her brown eyes my heart skipped a beat.
It was something I didn't expect.

And after what felt like an entirety she handed over a piece of paper to me on which her number and name were written.

And before I could say something she disappeared leaving me dumbfounded.

I looked at the piece of paper in my hand, with Swift but bold handwriting "Riezel" was writing and before I could read any further my phone rang, it was Nabi calling me.

" Hey babe, I won't be able to come Today. I got lots of work to complete."

"It's ok take your time and get back safely " I said in a pitiful tone.

"Bye babe" was the last thing I heard before she hung up on me.

Why is she always busy?
I was already feeling worse than before.

I tried my best to stay calm but the thought of being far away from her made me feel sad. Whenever I need her she is always busy with something.
I wanted her to stay beside me and at least comfort me.

And to get things off my mind I decided to go to a bar for a couple of drinks.

.......................................................................

Riezel~

Hey! I am Riezel Carri Fernando a postgraduate student from Flinders University doing a major in Forensic science.

Due to the assignments and upcoming exams, I never have time for myself.

Today I had a free lecture, so I went to grab a coffee and on the way back this majestic banner caught my eye.

And after reading the words all I could say was "Such a thoughtful person"

Glancing around I noticed a handsome guy standing a little further away from me. He had these gorgeous green eyes with brown hair reminding me of the character 'Ben' from the Ben ten series.

Let me tell you one of my deepest secrets
'When I was just 10 years old I had the biggest crush on Ben'

Snapping out of my dream I noticed that guy staring at me with angry eyes.
'guess he woke up on the wrong side of the bed'

Looking away from the guy I took a sip of my coffee, taking in the bitter taste When I felt my smart watch buzz notifying me that the free lecture will not be free anymore.

'Hoping I'll reach on time...'

Turning around I felt myself bumping into a solid wall.
What a Wall in the middle of the sidewalk?

'My americano latte..' and before I could cry out loud I heard a grumpy voice.

When I tilted my head upwards. 'The' handsome face came into my sight.

"Darn it, you ruined my shirt"
His angry voice snapped me out of my thoughts.
Oh no, what have I done?
He looks like as if his gonna explode with anger. I think this guy probably has some anger issues.

I felt my watch buzzing again. 'guess who will be late today'

I felt his piercing gaze on me and Before he could say something I apologized.

"I am really sorry sir, I didn't mean to ruin your shirt. I'll repay you someday as I am in a hurry right now".

I tore off a page from my book, jolted down my number on it, and handed it to him before walking away at full speed.

Even after running as fast as I could I was 15 minutes late for the lecture but guess what the lecturer had not yet arrived.

I walked into the classroom and sat beside my friend Ella.

"Hey Riezel, today's lecture is postponed to Tuesday, so no worries," Ella informed me with a warm smile.

"Oh so I better go to the library 'cause I need to complete assignments" I said while grabbing my bag.

out of nowhere I felt a tap on my shoulder and turning back I saw Iris smiling widely at me, I was certainly shocked as it sent shivers down my spine.
'Why is everyone giving me frights today'

"Seriously .. don't be such a bookworm" Iris said breaking my trail of thoughts

"Ya, I and Iris were thinking of going out for some drinks, so why don't you join us?" Ella asked me

"Uhh...what about the assignment?"

"We all have assignments to do so don't worry and chill out. It's gonna be so fun" Iris replied before I could rant about the assignments

"Fine! let's go" I replied after some thought
These people always have the charm to make me say yes.

Stay tuned for the next chapter