3.All about a lie

Rufus~
Entering the bar I came across many pretty girls eyeing me but all i could think about was Nabi. I was just missing her so badly.

So to distract my self i asked the bartender for the strongest drink on the menu without thinking.
Drinking half way through my fourth glass i noticed someone familiar from the corner of my eye.
Feeling the alcohol making me tipsy i thought i was hallucinating. But my gut feeling told me to glance back just once.

And there I saw something that change the course of my life. I saw 'my girlfriend' Nabi and 'my bestfriend' Devin sitting at the furthest corner of the room, they seem to enjoy their drinks in leisure.

Didn't she tell me that she is gonna return tomorrow from her buisness trip? And why is she with Devin?

For a minute I thought she wanted to surprise me with her early arrival, but what i saw next devastated me. She was giggling at Devin and the next moment she leaned over him for a kiss.

It felt like all my dreams came shattered down. It didn't feel good, could sense my chest getting heavier with rage of anger flurring inside me.All i could see was red.

And before i could think my body was already moving towards them, punching him right in the face which he deserved .

"Rufus ! please stop" said the voice which could melt me for once, but not anymore.

"So you want me to stop. Bitch i know all your intentions now, you are just a golddigger who wanted to rob money off me" I said in rage

"Oh please , don't start with this . Try to understand. I never wanted to hurt you I had my reasons." Nabi said making it sound like she was the victim here.

"What a lie ? I knew you had meetings with some guy but I didn't doubt you not even for a second. And there you are proving me wrong. I'm done with this toxic relationship. Going behind my back and having fun with someone, are these not lies. And Devin you being my friend and stabbing me back. I didn't expect this from you" i could hold it anymore

Devin: "I ..I ...."
I knew Devin could not reply me back because he is coward. He just stood rooted there as if he saw a ghost but the truth is that he was guilty.

"What a dochebag ? Never ever show me your face again." I said while feeling tears rolling down my cheeks, i tried taking a deep breath but still couldn't stop them.

"please don't blame him. I wanted to tell you but I couldn't find the right timing" Nabi tried to explain but I couldn't take it anymore and left without turning back.

Finally I am out of this relationship. But my heart still pained a lot.

...,...................................................................

Nabi ~

"Hey Devin, what's up ?" I asked him with a  exciting look.
"Hey Sweetie, I'm doing great but I missed you so much" Devin replied with a handsome smile.

"Oh damn, how am i not suppose to faint?  You look so much handsome then before." I flirted like a teenager in love.

"So you mean I wasn't handsome before?" Devin questioned with pouty face.

"You know what exactly I meant , so stop playing around teasing me."

"So prove me your love " he said.

And all i had to was lean over him for a kiss, a passionate kiss.
Our evening was going better until Rufus popped up from nowhere and gave Devin a punch in the face.

Devin was stunt because his best friend Rufus was ready to kill him. His eyes were red like he was drunk with anger giving me chills down the spine.

I spoke up and told him to calm down. But he didn't stop and talked bullshit. It was like he wasn't even listening to me.
When he tried to blame Devin. I couldn't keep quiet anymore and told him not to blame Devin.

But all he did was turn around and walk away. I couldn't care less about him anymore that he knew the truth so i turned towards Devin and told him that we should   leave as it started to get embarassing cause people were staring at us as if it was our mistake making us feel like we are criminals who did a crime.

Devin seemed too traumatized by Rufus behaviour because he was friends with him from childhood. He was feeling bad for what he did to him.

"Devin please don't feel sad for what Rufus  said while ago, Don't sulk like a baby" i tried consoling him.

" I am okay, you don't need to worry. Just go back  home safely and let's meet soon"
I knew he was faking his smile.

I could see his pain  which mattered me a lot. So i hugged him. He cried out with pain. That was a really emotional moment.
But this is the only way we can move on from our past.