Chapter Seventeen

I know this is only a short chapter, but I hope you guys still enjoy it :) I would really LOVE to have some feedback on the story, anything, even if it's a tiny little comment... Thanks, and read on! xxx

   “Shoot him! Shoot him!” Henry yelled at the TV screen, standing up and motioning his hands exaggeratedly. 

   “I’m trying, I’m trying!” I screamed back. 

   “He’s got you cornered!” Henry ran to the TV and pointed to the army officer following me into the virtual building. The whole apartment seemed to fall silent as our two sets of eyes remained level on my avatar, as he brandished a large sniper gun over his shoulder. I knew I was cornered, there was nowhere I could run. “Now, just turn around slowly.” 

   “Okay, okay,” I nodded, pressing my thumb to one side of the control. 

   “No! Slowly!” 

   “I’m turning bloody slowly!” I retorted, before the enemy propelled a thirty eight calibre bullet into the back of my character’s skull. 

   “No!” Henry called out as if in genuine pain, before falling against the large sofa, holding his head in his hands. I put down the xbox controller onto the coffee table before sitting down besides him, squeezing his shoulder in consolation. 

   “It’s alright, Hen, it’s only a game,” I reminded him. 

   “I know, I know,” he sighed, taking a few deep breaths. “Do you want another game?” 

   “Sure,” I agreed, grinning. 

   All of a sudden, Remy burst in through the front door, her arms tangled around some guy’s neck. They were making low rumbling noises, moans which physically burnt the insides of my ears. The desperation in their touch, the perspiration. I could visibly see their tongues, intertwining in some kind of wrestling match, catching on blushing lips as fingers clawed against clothing. 

   “Oh, for fuck’s sake, not again,” Henry groaned. 

   “Quick, quick,” I jumped up from the sofa just as Remy shoved her boy toy down onto it, trapping Henry’s foot before he had a chance to get away. 

   “Help me,” he whispered, holding out his arms to me so I could tug him from beneath the stranger. “I’ve got the pizza,” he assured me, grabbing the cardboard box from the table and taking my hand, leading me towards his bedroom. I managed to snatch up a few beers on the way through the kitchen, before Henry locked the door shut behind us. 

   “Why does this keep happening?” I grimaced. 

   “I don’t know,” he shrugged, “let her have some fun.” 

   “Fine, but I’m not going to be the one to clean up the living room this time,” I warned him. 

   “I’ll help this time, I swear!” 

   “Who is he anyway, I was trying to get a look at his face before we left.” 

   “Me too, but it was a little obstructed by Remy’s face.” 

   “He could have been that guy from her lectures, the one she’s been going out for coffee with after school?” I suggested, raising my eyebrows. 

   “James?” 

   “Josh, I think.” 

   “Hmmm,” Hen sighed, sitting down on his bed and ushering me over. I lay down on the soft mattress, feeling the clean linen crease beneath my weight. Henry held himself up on his elbows and looked down at me, his eyes were curious. “I spoke to Gabriel, you know?”