11

𝘐𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵. 𝘗𝘶𝘳𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘹𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬. 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘥'𝘴 𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘴. "𝘐𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶." 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘦-𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘪𝘮. "𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘦𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘦, 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶." 𝘏𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴. "𝘚𝘰 𝘐'𝘮 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶...𝘭𝘦𝘵'𝘴 𝘵𝘳𝘺." 𝘚𝘰𝘧𝘵𝘭𝘺, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘴𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘺 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘥. "𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘪𝘵?" 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴 𝘴𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢 𝘩𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘮. 𝘏𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘴𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥 "𝘺𝘦𝘴" 𝘴𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘩. 𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘫𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘬𝘪𝘴𝘴. "𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘍𝘳𝘦𝘦..." "𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘓𝘶𝘪"

Free slowly opened his eyes. It was difficult as they were still quite heavy but he managed it. He got up and looked around briefly. It took him a moment to understand where he was and what had happened. He saw Lui's letter lying in front of him and carefully reached for it.

Lui's words came so suddenly...so unexpected...None of this made any sense to Free...why did Lui think it was a good idea?...

He lied to him...hiding everything from him...and expecting Free to understand it all? That he should look past it?

Emotions were chaotic in Free, but one thing was clear...

He crumpled up the pieces of paper.

That was unforgivable.

He threw the letter and the envelope in the trash can and opened the window from the balcony where Fafnir was. Sensing his human's anger, the golden dragon looked at Free. "Lui had known all along! He knew we were soul mates and he knew I was looking for him and what was he doing?! Lied to me all the time and supposedly regrets what he did!" Free leaned over the railing. "Why did he think it was a smart idea to write me this letter? Why couldn't he accept that I would search to the death for him, not knowing that he is the person I am actually looking for?! And you? You knew it too, didn't you?" Free looked at Fafnir. "If so, why didn't you try to tell me? Apparently you soul animals can do that too, so why not?" De La Hoya was frustrated all the last few years were for nothing! He would have saved himself all that if only one of them had opened his mouth and told him the truth.