14

Lui tried to steer his kite down, but Luinor remained stubborn. "Luinor! Down!" Luinor didn't move. "Luinor!"

"No, we must not approach the island" Luinor flew in a different direction.

"Are you stupid?! Luinor, cut the crap!"

"Fafnir asked me to take you far away from here. It's far too dangerous if we help them"

"But if we don't help them...Free will die...Please Luinor...let me help him..."

Luinor flew on.

As Fafnir landed, Free got off his back. "Are you all right?"

"It's alright...We have to get out of here..."

Free glanced up. "Do they got Lui too...?"

"No, I asked Luinor to take him away"

Fafnir rose. "Slow down! You're hurt"

"It doesn't matter...we have to get out of here"

"No...You can't fly any further like this..."

"Free, it's my job to protect you...Come on now"

Free was torn. He had to get away from here, yes, but he didn't want Fafnir to hurt himself any more. Nevertheless, he climbed onto the back of his kite.

"Hold on tight"

Fafnir tried to take off but his left wing was too badly injured. "That's no use, Fafnir"

"I have to protect you"

"Stop it, Fafnir...Please...don't hurt yourself any more!"

The golden dragon didn't make it. When Free heard footsteps approaching, he knew it was over.

"We have them, Agni"

They were surrounded.

Free swallowed when he saw his father.

"Free...?"

Free said nothing but nodded.

Everyone around him whispered. Their inheritance that ran away was back. Was he blessed?

"You shouldn't have come back, you know that, right?" "...Yes..." "As a punishment against the law you will be punished with the death penalty" "But...I didn't want to come back...It's because of you that Fafnir fell! You hurt him and that's why we're on the island" "You had no right to come so close to the island" "But...I wasn't close" "You will not be pardoned, even if you were my son" "...I was your son...?" "Tie him and his spirit animal up" "Let me go...My soul mate is waiting for me outside...I can't leave him alone...He needs me!" But Free's begging fell on deaf ears. His father didn't listen to him.

The blonde was tied up with ropes and all of his belongings were taken from him. Eventually he was separated from Fafnir and locked away in prison. "A disappointment for our tribe" Free said nothing. What should he even say? Even his own father was willing to give him the death penalty... He had no chance of escaping.