The Magic

Cello made it to the edge of the pond before removing his loafers and socks. He took off his waistcoat, tunic, and breeches. He was down to his undergarments before he began carefully walking into the pond. Lucky had woken up from a nap before heading to his master's side. He knew not to go into the pond. Cello always forbade him from doing so. It wasn't a deep pond, but the water managed to rise to his waist as he moved in the direction he believed the ring to be. The water was slimy and dirty. He could feel things in the water move between his legs. He couldn't see at all but hopefully he could manage to find the ring by feeling for it.

The tears that Cello shed made tiny ripples in the water as he walked through it. He was disappointed in himself. He got his hopes up and worked diligently on restoring his father's suit. Why would he think his stepfather would honor their agreement? It wasn't necessarily even an agreement now that he began to think about it. It was more of a challenge. At least he could say he overcame it. He should have felt even more proud, but he just felt sorry for himself.

A little to the left, a voice in his head said. He ignored it before it sounded again. To the left, I said. He ignored the voice again. Honey, your other left. Giving up and finally listening to whatever voice was ringing in his ears, he moved his hand a little to the left. He felt something metallic and hard. He found it! He lifted the ring out of the water and examined it. It didn't look much different. He hurried out of the water to dry it off with his tunic.

Now that wasn't so hard was it? The voice asked. He was beginning to get scared since he had never heard voices before. And why was this one so loud? A gentle breeze began to blow before the wind picked up and centered in the front of his home. Cello and Lucky followed the wind until they saw what looked to be specks of shimmering light converge to where the wind was headed. The light looked to be creating an outline of a person, but Cello couldn't really understand what he was seeing.

A body finally appeared from the bright lights and shook itself. Sparkles dusted off the body as it began stretching out its limbs. Cello couldn't believe what he just saw. Was he completely devastated enough that his brain was making him crazy? He just witnessed a whole person conjure out of thin air!

"Finally!" The person spoke in a somewhat baritone voice. Cello was a little confused at that because the person before him was clearly a woman. At least he thought so. The woman was much taller than he was. She wore an absolutely gorgeous glittery gown. It was blue like the ocean and danced in waves around her. She reminded him of a beautiful mermaid. Her hair was very massive and very blonde. It was put up in a way that reminded him of a giant beehive. Her skin was russet brown, similar to his, and her eyes were accented with blue color on her eyelids. Her lips wore a very prominent shade of blue too. Her body was curvaceous, but there was still something slightly masculine about her too.

"Who... are you?" Cello managed to squeak out. "Are you a figment of my imagination? Because I really don't need this right now." The person gave a very hearty laugh and sauntered, (sashayed?), towards him. Lucky began bouncing up and down at the person's legs. He wanted to be petted.

"I am not a figment of your imagination, darling," the person said in that baritone voice again. Cello should have feared her, but she emanated a calming aura that made him relax his body that he didn't realize became so tense. She bent down and gave Lucky a good scratch behind his ears.

"Then who are you?" Cello asked again.

"I'm your fairy drag mother, honey," she said as she did a twirl. As she spun around more glittery dust sparkled and came off her. Lucky tried biting at the sparkles that disappeared before he caught any.

"Drag mother?" Cello asked a bit confused. He had no clue he had a fairy drag mother. He had no clue what a fairy drag mother was. Where has she been this whole time anyway?