37 Unexpected Guest

Part 37 Unexpected Guest

Arnav tied the mangal sutra on Khushi's neck, making people around them emotional. No need to say, Khushi was more emotional than any one among them. She met his eyes when he tied it but she could not get a clear view of his face due to tears. She blinked her eyes and let the tears roll down. Arnav wiped her cheek with his thumbs. Sagar became a blessed child who witnessed his parents' wedding. He smiled with teary eyes. Rushing to his father, he hugged Arnav. Arnav reciprocated him with the same zeal.

Khushi clutched Arnav's hand and gestured to him something. then she touched his parent's feet to take their blessings that they could not get twenty years ago. Arnav also joined her.

"Live the life that you missed in the past" His father blessed them whereas his mother could say nothing as she was unable to...

She rushed to the kitchen and came with sugar. She put it in their mouths to celebrate the sweet moment.

"Can't you be with us at least for today?" she pleaded.

Khushi looked at Arnav because he already gave the answer to the same question.

"That's ok, Mom. We will come another day. Sagar has to go to the college tomorrow"

"Can't you go to the college from here, getting ready a little earlier?" his mother asked Sagar.

Sagar looked at Arnav as he didn't know why Arnav was not interested to stay there. But Khushi took lead.

"Sagar will go to the college from here tomorrow morning," she said looking at Arnav.

Arnav smiled at her softly. That was when Sagar understood that he was concerned about Khushi's comfort.

"Ok, then, I'm taking your leave. Come to my home if you guys have time tomorrow morning. I won't trouble you a lot... just have coffee and you can leave" NK invited them to his house.

"We will come, uncle," Sagar said.

"It seems, Sagar has no idea to go to the college tomorrow" NK laughed.

"Not like that uncle, just curious to hear the old stories about my Dad from my grandparents and his friends"

"There are a lot of stories to say... you don't have any idea how arrogant your father is" his father laughed.

"Really? Sagar, you could never see such an adamant parent in your life. they know all the way to irritate their children" Arnav said.

Sagar looked at them, like, REALLY?

"We just asked him to get married. That's what he is talking about"

Sagar smiled.

"Sagar, in order to listen to the old stories, doesn't disturb them a lot," Khushi said.

"No no beta... there is nothing called disturbance. What will we do tomorrow after you leave? We will take rest if needed" Arnav's father said.

Arnav took Khushi to his room whereas Sagar started talking with his grandparents. They were so impressed as no grandchildren of them ever talked to them like Sagar did. His politeness and respect attracted them more. they could not believe such a boy could be existing in this generation. They liked Sagar very much. He was so curious to know about his father's childhood. He asked many questions about Arnav, his schooling, his friends, everything. Neither Arnav's parents felt like sleeping nor did they feel bored. Finally, they slept at the midnight and could not hold themselves.

In the meanwhile,

Khushi was looking at Arnav mesmerizingly who was showing his albums and explaining about the photos. It was clear that he would have done that many times in his imagination.