~three~

you didn't want to seem like a "weird" kid, maybe that was who you were, according to others in your class, but you'd do anything to even get him to look in your direction, "he was probably weirded out by me staring at him" "i feel so stupid" "there's no way he doesn't think i'm creepy, why cant i just at least seem normal?" you never used to think this way, its since people started picking on you, once you got into year 9, you started caring more about your grades, and understanding work, which not many others seemed to care about, that's why you were "weird" but that was according to the people with the low grades. do their words matter? not really, but you thought it was your whole reputation.

you put your arms and your head down on the table, why were you overthinking such a small thing? you were trying to ignore your thoughts but you needed distracting from them. you looked up and saw people were throwing around paper aeroplanes and scrunched up paper, you saw mr hudson sat at his desk, not even bothering to try and control the class, as much as you felt bad, you were starting to find it a little funny how little everyone cared, "maybe i should just be like everyone else".

asher threw an aeroplane at you, it hit your head and you looked up to see him pointing and laughing at you, instead of acting "mad" you laughed too, and threw it back to him. he pulled a shocked face, and looked around to see if anyone else saw, you just laughed at how he acted like he did nothing, everyone was too occupied going on their phones, throwing things across the room, etc.

one of the people who picks on you threw a paper at you, his name was colson, he had a smallish friend group, but they're all as bad as each other, picking on the "nerds". you grabbed it as it was about to hit you, and you thought this probably wasn't just innocent, or just "boys being boys" you opened the paper ball, and just as you thought, it said something.

"you do realise nobody actually likes you, what are you gonna do, cry about it? nobody would care if you cried, they'd laugh"

you just stared at the paper for a second before scrunching it up in your fist out of anger and humiliation, okay, they could've said something worse, but seriously? do they not have anything better to do?

you felt as if for a minute, you just couldn't control your emotions, you felt like crying, but that'd be embarrassing, youd get laughed at by almost everyone, but infront of the new guy? you didn't even know his name yet, you didnt want to ruin your chances yet. you threw the piece of paper back in their direction and sat down and sighed, putting your head in your hands, instant regret.

"SIR!! LOOK AT WHAT Y/N JUST THREW AT ME? SURELY THATS A DETENTION"

"fuck.." you thought, this was gonna be so embarrassing, just another reason for people to pick on you, you just wanted the ground to swallow you up at that moment.

you saw mr hudson out of the corner of your eye walk over to colson and his little gang, who were sat in the back corner, you felt powerless, thats what bullies do, make you feel like nothing.

"y/n? this isn't like you, whats gotten into you today?" mr hudson looked at you with a disgusted look, and speaking in a sour tone. you wanted to tell him the truth, but honestly, it wasn't worth it, the truth was, mr hudson was scared of colson, so y/n would probably be punished anyway.

"i- what? he threw it to me! you know id-"

"i don't want to hear it, your page has been ripped out of your book, its obvious that it was you, you should KNOW not to lie to a teacher, i'm gonna keep you in at break, and you should know the rules by now, thats an after school, got it?" you felt so embarrassed, you heard a chorus of "oooooooooh....." around the room, they were all watching you, judging you, you just wanted to disappear.

rikis pov:

i just looked around the room at everyone, laughing at her, do they always treat her this way? she didn't do anything to any of them, so why are they trying to hurt her?

i sighed and put my pen on my desk, looking down at the table, she seemed like a nice girl, guys always pick on the nice people, i swear.

he just didnt want to see y/n hurt.

he looked over at colson, and his friends, sean and caleb, he hated the way they just sat and judged everyone, it was clear they thought they were better than everyone else. he'd only been there about half an hour, but he already knew he was gonna hate them.

caleb caught riki looking at them, and must've said something to the others, because they started acting friendly with him.

"'sup?" sean even dared to smile at him, he didnt know why, but these guys were driving him insane.

"why were you treating y/n like that? i saw you rip a page out of her book when she wasnt looking, so it looked like it was her that did it, i saw what it said" he just waited for their answer, not caring if they started on him aswell.

they all looked at eachother and laughed, turning back to him, "hold on, you're sticking up for her? you've been here about 10 seconds"

"i think its pretty fucking pathetic that youre targeting someone whos done nothing at all to hurt you" he turned away, not wanting them to argue with him, it was his first day, and as much as he didnt care, he didnt really want drama on the first day. he listened as they tried to argue back, doing nothing but just smirking at their stupid excuses.

unfortunately, mr hudson, who usually has terrible hearing, heard what he said. "riki thats a break time detention" he rolled his eyes and looked at them, laughing. he wanted to argue back to the teacher, but it just wasnt worth it.

__________________________________

i hope this chapter wasn't boring, i tried to make it as good as possible, this is the longest chapter i've wrote, i want to make this story as good as possible, but also relatable to me, most of the parts of this story are things that have happened to me, but of course, riki didn't join my school

feedback is appreciated! so please let me know if you're enjoying this book!

january 09, 2023, 22:23pm