One month

Despite knowing the risk we still ended up going at it and I loved every minute of it knowing we had one month to prove we could handle this. After that I started to get dressed and figure out a routine. One where we'd get up and eat decide how to spend our time since we didn't have to rush off to go anywhere and it was nice for once. 

We hooked up in bed when we wanted being mindful of the risks that were there but still it was nice. I felt like everything was at peace for now and I didn't have to worry about if the enemy was there. Aleks decided to take the risk in being the one to get the extra supplies we needed. Aleksander would return unharmed and I'd cook for us while he helped me in some ways as he held me close. 

"One day Amira, you'll be my wife. Would you like that?" Aleksander asked as I was focusing on the meal I was preparing for us and knew it was odd he asked. Yet time was not for certain for most Grisha and here we were eternal Grisha in a hut like we were living together. "Yeah..I'd like that." I said as I knew it'd be nice to be for sure.

When the first week was up Grandma came to check on us as she'd opened the door to find us making out but this time fully clothed. "well you seem to handle the first week." Grandma said as I looked at her and blushed a bit. She was the only one to be able to walk in here without knocking cause she owned it. We knew she was going to be checking but she seemed to support this. 

"We handled it just fine..if we needed anything Aleks has gone to town to get things." I said as Grandma nod. "And you're safe here." Grandma said as I knew I wasn't if the enemy found this place. "For now but I have time to get things..and I know the secret escape if anything happens." I said as she nod. 

She gave us another pouch of coins to get by for the next week and I didn't mind as I kissed him and we went back to making out. Some may find it odd a Sun Summoner and a Shadow Summoner in love but we are. Everything worked out for the next two weeks as we were happy but I had a feeling this was not going to last. At least not right now while we were teens so in the middle of the third week he came back from the town.

"How did it go in town Aleks?" I asked as I wanted to make us a dessert tonight so he'd gone to get things. I'd finished preparing our lunch. I had my back to him as he walked over and hugged me from behind as he kissed my cheek. "It went well..I have things for the dessert but can you turn around?" Aleksander asked 

I wondered why he wanted me to turn around but once he let go and when I turned around I saw him kneeling down. "Aleks..what are you.." I had no idea but then he showed me a ring in his other hand. We knew if Baghra had her way we'd be separated again as he looked at me.

"Amira, promise me one day once I get free of my mother that we'll get married

"Amira, promise me one day once I get free of my mother that we'll get married. Wear this always to show you are mine." Aleksander said as I looked at him shocked. It was too soon yes, but we were running out of time to be together as I smiled and nod. "I will.." I said as he slid the ring on my finger and stood up kissing me. "I promise once I'm General and find you again I'll get you a better ring.." He said 

"It's fine." I said as I hugged him glad that he was serious about this but I knew that he could change his mind..would he change his mind..would there be others.. "I know what you're thinking Amira..and if we get separated you can date until I find you again." Aleksander said as his grip said he didn't like the idea of me dating anyone else. "And the same to you..We don't hold it against each other." I said as he nod but he pulled me close and held me. 

"Maybe my mother is right, I can't protect you fully till I become General..but once I do I'll find you." He said as I hugged him back. I thought about doing the impossible and abstaining from relationships. "You become General and I..I'll open an orphanage for Grisha children..you'll find me that way if no other way happens cause I'll only talk with you." I said as he laughed a bit. 

We were enjoying our time but as usual it all came to an end as the end of the week came and when it did his mother came in. "Come along Aleksander..we have work to do and if you want this to happen. You'll do as I say." Baghra said as he looked at me and we kissed one last time as we both knew it may be weeks, months or years till we found each other again then he went out the door. Grandma sotod outside with him and Baghra approached me as I looked at her seeing the door was closed and Baghra slapped me across the face. "You're a distraction to my son and nothing else right now. Keep your distance." Baghra said then left as I put a hand on my cheek. 

I hate her..she'll always stand between us.. I thought