Chapter Two

Chiyo sat me down on the toilet, Sayo following her with some supplies for my burns. 

Chiyo pulled back my hair, tying it up with a scrunchie that was laying on the counter, as Sayo started to gently wash my burns. 

I sat there, awkwardly, trying not to cry. I'd be lying if I said that Sayo washing my wounds didn't hurt. And on top of that the burns were fresh and painful already. 

Sayo then gently dried off my burning skin, before her and Chiyo started applying some aloe vera to the burns, which stung horribly before it became cool and felt nice. 

Once they finished that they both washed their hands before bandaging the left side of my face and my hands. 

Chiyo then left to go do something else, as Sayo helped me to undress and take a bath. It was humiliating to say the least. 

She washed my hair, my body, the right half of my face, and brushed my hair with the conditioner soaking into my ends. 

"You poor thing.." The older woman muttered, helping me out of the tub before carefully drying off my body, applying some lotion to my smooth skin. 

She wrapped my hair up in a towel before brushing my teeth for me, yet another humiliating thing. Couldn't even brush my own damn teeth. 

To jump off my balcony doesn't sound half bad..

She then took me back into my room, tucking me into bed as if I was two years old. She turned off my lights, and locked my balcony door. 

"Good night, sleep well Miss Akemi" she hummed, before exiting my room. 

I sat staring at the ceiling before I cried myself to sleep, from the pain the burns were giving me, and also the pain that depression liked to stab into me often at night. 

The next week was hell. I couldn't do anything that required me to use my hands, the burns were third degree, making it unbearable to bend my hands around anything to actually use them. Every day I was in terrible pain, bored in my bedroom. Hiroko came in often to keep me company, talking about her day and all the random things she could think of. 

My mother called my teacher, informing Mr. Aizawa that I wouldn't be there all week as I had fallen ill. What a fucking liar. 

I woke up gloomy and miserable, today seemed like a great time to die. It was my birthday, what a wonderful day to jump off the balcony. 

Sayo came into the room, smiling, "Good Morning Miss Akemi, how did you sleep?" 

"Fine" I lied, the burns woke me up often during the night, especially if I turned to sleep on my side. 

"That's wonderful" 

She then helped me up and out of bed, before helping to dress me in a light blue dress, it had a bow around the waist and buttons going up the front from there, it also had ruffle sleeves and the bottom of the dress was also ruffly. 

Once I was in my dress, Sayo brought me to the bathroom, awkwardly brushing my teeth for me and washing my face. She then threw on some chapstick, lotion, and makeup onto my face. To finish off she took off my bandages from last night, washing the burns before putting more aloe vera on them before covering them again with fresh bandages. 

"You look so pretty dear!" she smiled looking at me all dressed up. 

I semi smiled, "Thanks" I muttered 

"Oh, and happy birthday!" she said, going over to my door, where there was a present that I hadn't noticed. 

"I got you a little something, since you're always looking at it!" she handed the gift to me

I walked over to my bed, sitting down on it. 

"Would you like me to open it for you? I know your hands hurt" Sayo asked, standing next to me. 

"Sure" I replied, not in the mood to hurt my hands by trying to force them to do normal hand things. 

She carefully tore open the wrapping paper around the box, before opening the box and pulling out the first item that was in there. 

"I got you this jacket since I see you always looking at it" she smiled, holding up a black oversized jacket, with dark blue techy like patterns on the bottoms of the sleeves and the body of the jacket, the pattern fades as it goes up. 

I looked up to her face in shock, surprised she bought the expensive jacket just for me. And that there was more in the box she bought for me. 

Next she pulled out some black baggy ripped jeans, that were high waisted. Because of my stupid parents, I was never really allowed to wear jeans like that. 

"There's more?!" I asked shocked, as she reached into the box again, pulling out some black fishnet tights

"Yes dear" she chuckled, pulling out yet another item. It was some black high tops. 

"And lastly" she hummed, pulling out some black fingerless gloves, "I thought these together would make a cute outfit, and you're always looking at these items so!" 

"Why'd you buy all this for me..?" I asked, still kind of in shock. 

"Because I know your parents won't get you anything you'll truly love" she frowned a little before smiling again, "Would you like me to wash the clothing?" 

"Sure" I said, "Thank you.. for the gift" I said quietly. 

"It's nothing" She smiled, before walking out of my room to go wash my new outfit. 

After dinner, Hiroko came into my room, holding a little wrapped box. 

"Hey Kemi!" she said, walking over and sitting next to me on the little couch in my room. 

"Hey Ro" I said, turning to look at her. 

"I got you something for your birthday! Mom and dad didn't get you anything, because they're still mad at you. But I hope you like it!" She said, holding out the box. 

"Could you um, open the gift for me?" I asked awkwardly 

"Oh yes of course! Your hands hurt don't they?" 

"Mhm" 

She tore open the wrapping paper, revealing a small jewelry box, which she opened to reveal a silver necklace with a charm of two hearts that were linked hanging from the thin chain. 

She held it out to me, smiling ear to ear. 

"Oh, it's very pretty" I smiled, reaching out and touching the dainty piece of jewelry, "Thank you" 

"You're welcome" she smiled, "Also I'm sorry I can't stay longer Kemi, but I have to get ready for bed! Good night sleep well!" she said, setting the necklace on my nightstand before jogging out of my room, waving at me. 

"Night" I smiled, she was so sweet and lucky.