2: Him

New York.
Armani Jay Green

"Girl where are you taking me??" I asked Makiya.

I had slept at Makiya's house last night since it was the weekend. Now I was in her car.

She took a right going down a narrow street. I read the street name.

South Bronx...

My mother would kill my ass if she knew I was here.

"I'm visiting a friend." She answered me. Not helping me feel any better.

I looked out the window seeing people sitting outside on their porches. While Cars were parked on the side of the roads. Kids played on the sidewalk running around with smiles plastered on their faces.

Makiya pulled into a driveway, then turned the car off. Me and her both got out of the car walking toward the front door. Most of the houses on the street were townhouses.

Not giving any room for privacy.

Makiya opened the door and casually walked inside while I lingered behind.

"Yooo what's good Kaykay back in the building."

We took a left walking into a living room where three dudes sat down on the couch.

"Makiya what the fuck." One dude said, Turing his attention to us. He glanced in my direction and then turned his attention back to Makiya.

"Why are you being so rude?? What you should be asking is how the fuck I got in the house without a key." She said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You already know you can't be around here kay." He said.

Makiya rolled her eyes then looked at me, "Everyone this is my cousin Armani, Armani that's Hakeem." She said pointing to the Man she was arguing with only seconds ago.

His dreads hung covering his face as he picked up a cigar and brought it near his mouth. I noticed he was wearing no shirt showing off his sleeve of tattoos.

"Then we got Jayden and Jorden."

They both looked in my direction and nodded their heads.

Makiya grabbed my hand and lead me over to the couch. She sat down next to Jorden and pulled me down next to her. Which lead me to sit next to Hakeem.

Guns sat on the table in front of me, stacks of money with 100s wrapped with a rubber band, and bags of drugs.

What was Makiya getting me into?

"So which one of you left the door unlocked?" Makiya asked.

No one answered, making Hakeem pick his head up and look in our direction.

"You heard her which one of y'all niggas left my door unlocked??" He asked.

Jorden and Jayden both shared the same look before Jorden opened his mouth. "It was Jayden."

"Nigga what why you lying?!" Jayden hollered.

"You walked in last."

"Nigga you told me to leave the door alone?!"

"I should beat both y'all dumbasses," Hakeem mumbled under his breath, placing the blunt between his lips and lighting it.

He took a long pause before taking the blunt out of his mouth and letting the smoke out.

"Y'all act like I don't got people who want my head." He said.

"What you talking about?" Makiya asked.