𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃.

❝𝐈'𝐌 𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍

Your shoes must be real entertaining for you to examine every single fiber of them.

SOO JUNG crosses her arms. JONG GUN lingers behind her. You look like a kid who got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Who got caught for drawing on the wall. You look like you want nothing more than to sink into the ground and disappear. Clearly, whatever it is that you are imagining to happen right now, it's nothing you're looking forward to. She supposes she can't blame you, considering her somewhat infamous history of handling men like you.

Men with wealth. With looks. Men with charisma, carefully fabricated for the public eye. Soo Jung, much to her misfortune, has yet to realize why she isn't bothered by you. 

However, much to her fortune, she has come one step closer to realizing why, as she carefully watches you shuffle on your feet, hands clasped behind your back, your lips pursed and your eyes trained on the ground. You don't dare raise your head. You don't raise your voice. You remain humble — a little too humble, to be honest, considering your significance. 

If there is anything Soo Jung dislikes about you, it is your kindness.

"Be careful next time." You don't expect her to speak. You flinch, your shoulders jumping, as if your soul threatened to leap from your body. "I won't always be there to help you, you know."

"Of course. I'm sorry to have caused you so much trouble." You finally lift your head. Soo Jung finds herself reeling back. In a sincere attempt to express your remorse (a little too sincere), you stare into her eyes. It would be rude not to look at someone when they're addressing you, after all, especially when they're your superior. "I'll make sure to pay you back for the money and —"

She lifts her hand. "There's no need for that."

"But.." You blanch. Even when she is faced with your resistance, Soo Jung stands firm.

"Money is never a problem for her." Jong Gun quips. With his reassurance, you relax, if only a little. It irks her nonetheless, the fact that you have more faith in his words than her's. 

For a moment, they think you're finally going to concede.

"Then —" Well, on second thought, "— Is there any food you happen to like?"

...Food. Are you suggesting that you want to buy her something to eat? Do you mean you're going to deliver the food to her, or that you want to go eat the food with her? The endless implications of your suggestion has her face burning hotter than she wants to admit, and when you notice her reaction, you become frantic. You look even more embarrassed than her.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I promise, not like that!" Wait. Wouldn't it be rude to suggest that you wouldn't even dream of eating food with her? Isn't that even ruder? "Well, unless you want to!"