𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐎𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐀.

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐄

You've always wanted an older sister, to be honest.

You held MI JIN's hand as you made your way to the cafeteria. During class, when you happened to drop your pencil on the floor, she was the one to hand it back to you. She gave you the sweetest smile when you apologized. You found yourself staring at her for the rest of the period, and the second the bell rang, you approached her at her desk, and asked to eat lunch with her.

You were immediately reminded of the female nurse who frequented your hospital room in your childhood. She was understanding, she was heartwarming, and above all, she made you feel safe. Mi Jin knew you didn't see her who for she was. When you looked at her, you were looking at someone else.

Despite that, she couldn't help but be happy.

"Is the cafeteria food good?" You shouldn't ask that question unless you're prepared to be met with a lie. Nobody in their right mind would ever say cafeteria food is good unless they don't have any taste buds, or they were the weird kid in junior high. There is no such thing as good cafeteria food. It's an oxymoron.

It would be in your best interest if you stayed as far as possible from the school cafeteria. Even when you lived in a hospital for the better part of five years, you were never forced to endure the abomination that is hospital food. And even when you were safely released and found yourself navigating through society, you were never forced to endure the trials of rationing instant ramen. Even from the beginning of your career, you could have treated yourself to expensive meals at luxurious restaurants if you wanted to.

JOY and JAE YEOL made sure of that.

"...It's not bad," Mi Jin replies. It isn't, really, for her at least.

And regardless, the food is the last thing you need to worry about.

The moment you step inside the cafeteria, JIN SUNG watches in horror as you are swept away by a crowd. He is barely able to rescue Mi Jin, who fell as her hand was yanked from yours, from being trampled. By the time the two of them manage to regain their balance, you were nowhere to be seen.

If it isn't suffocation that gets you first, it'll certainly be your anxiety that does. This is the first time you've been to a public setting in a long time. This is the first time you've been near people in a long time. Neither of them mean anything good.

"MEDUSA! Give me your autograph!"

One person grasps at your shirt. You swear that it they tug a little harder, they'll rip it right off. You're beginning to think that's exactly what everyone wants, when several other hands reach for your clothes to presumably do the same.

"I've been your fan for the longest time!"

You can do nothing but ride the wave, doing your best to protect yourself. You know that if you fight back, it'll only be you who pays the price. Even if it's justified, it won't matter — you came to this school fully prepared to accept those consequences.