Mine

Summary :

Remind Wei Wuxian to never make his Lan Zhan jealous again.

_______________________

Wei Wuxian never intended it to happen, really. He just wrapped up a night hunt concerning a ghost haunting this famous brothel in Baling for months now when the madam of the house suddenly introduced him to one of her most beautiful courtesans.

One moment, they were simply thanking him... the next moment, the courtesan was coyly smiling at him, wrapping her arms around his neck, and whispering closely to his ear, "This lowly one can offer something more to express our gratitude."

Wei Wuxian was, of course, going to decline and respectfully remove himself away from the lady. Although the entire cultivation world was not yet aware of his affairs after the fall of Jin Guangyao, his heart and soul had already belonged to only one person; the love of his life. And they are now happily spending their days together in Gusu, and night hunting together when duty calls.

But being Wei Wuxian meant that his luck is entirely sh*t... so... he should've expected it when said love of his life came in through the brothel's door at this exact moment, seeing them in this... position just when he was about to reach out to remove the lady's arms. If he's not mistaken, it might look to others as if he's about to return (or even returning) the hug.

Now, the love of his life, his Lan Zhan. Perfect, beautiful Lan Zhan in his perfect baby blue, elegant and pristine robes, is not the type to openly show his emotions to anyone. But at that moment, his expression immediately turn into a visible frown, a pout, even, and Wei Wuxian thinks for a moment that he might've looked as if he was about to cry right before he took a stride towards him, grabbed his arm with force, and dragged him outside the brothel.

The people inside the room were completely dumbfounded. There was someone who says, "That is... Hanguang-jun, right...?"

"Are the rumors true that they are...?"

"Lan Zhan!!! Lan Zhan, ah, let me explain!!!" Wei Wuxian tried to call out, but Lan Wangji never once looked at his direction and just continued dragging him to gods know where. It appears however, that they are going the direction outside the city, and into the woods.

This is bad, he thinks. Lan Zhan is releasing his scent everywhere (perhaps subconsciously) that it's turning heads along the way and Wei Wuxian wants to growl at them all for even trying to sniff his husband... He thinks he shouldn't be like this... He should be more rational.

Lan Zhan's scent, however, is not his usual sandalwood with a hint of lavender smell, but something stronger, angrier. Wei Wuxian was already thinking of ways on how to coax him into forgiving him later.

Lan Zhan seemed to have stopped when they were already deep into the woods, in front of a shed that seems to be empty. He's heard about these structures once - the Ouyang clan took the initiative on building them in the area surrounding their city ever few li. They say that since their trade relies on frequent visitors/ outsiders/ travelers visiting Baling, they might as well offer temporary shelter for them if ever they find themselves wanting to rest during their travels.

Lan Zhan drags him inside the shed, then begrudgingly drops his hand.

The inside of the shed is quite spacious but empty. One corner was filled with unwithered straws, a possible indication that someone may have just slept here recently.

"Lan Zhan... baby, you've got it all wrong." Wei Wuxian starts, "They were just... I was about to - wait, what are you doing?!?!?"

Lan Wangji had placed Bichen against the wall, and immediately started unrobing. When he turns to Wei Wuxian, he started pushing him towards the corner, then straddles him once he's lying down. "Lan Zhan... are you angry? Let's talk first, hmn?"