Judgement (.3)

Regarding things that needed to be looked after, Melinoe didn't have much, but Mak and Ruta were eager to let her know that they would keep an eye on her apartment.

Melinoe and Kaaray agreed that they would take her ship for the mission. Using it as temporary storage until they got the power on.

As they flew to the islands, Jaks Jr stared out the ship's window. He watched the icebergs pass by with awe.

"Have you picked a name for the ship yet?" Kaaray asked in an attempt to make conversation.

"Not yet," Melinoe sighed. "I feel like I should've let Mak do it."

"He would have never forgiven you if you did," Kaaray smirked.

Melinoe turned to him. "I thought he would have jumped at the chance?"

"He's very particular when it comes to these things," Kaaray explained as he leaned back in his seat. "You're the captain, so you have to name it or something like that."

Melinoe shook her head. These beings often did things that puzzled her, but lately, it started becoming somewhat endearing.

The mirialan, Macakruka (or Mak as he was often called), was eager to salvage the ruined vessel when he first saw it. Melinoe thought he would take one look at it and decide it was a lost cause. But, to her surprise, Mak was determined to get the ship back in working order.

"She's a lovely ship! A D5-Mantis Patrol Craft from what I can tell," The Mirialan smiled. "Must have been built during the Old Republic era."

Melinoe stared at the pink alien with a sceptical look. "That would make it nearly 3000 years old."

"I know! Isn't that amazing?!" He beamed. "A lot of beings must have been very fond of this ship over the years."

"It has something in common with the droid, then," Melinoe looked over her shoulder to see the T7 unit being fawned over by some of the other workers.

Mak would often drag Melinoe to ship repair hangers to show Melinoe how much progress he had made. A new engine, new windows, etc. Mak seemed particularly excited about the new colouring on the ship.

It was a mix of dark greys and a jet-black colour. As well as patches of a golden colour that Mak claimed gave it a nice 'pop'. When she asked why he chose that colour, Mak's answer made Melinoe's face go warm with slight embarrassment.

"It reminded me of your eyes," Mak grinned.

Melinoe mumbled a quick thank you, causing Mak's eyes to sparkle.

"Oh, and another thing, she's gonna need a new name," Mak told Melinoe.

"Why change it from Mantis?"

"Well, it's practically a new ship by this point," Mak explained with a grin.

"I'll see what I can come up with," Melinoe nodded.

When they arrived, Melinoe stepped off the ship into the cold air, and well, it was like returning to the best parts of home. She breathed in the cold air and looked over the snow-covered grounds and frozen-over pond nearby. As well as two nearby caves on opposite sides of the rock walls around the area.

Melinoe admired the large flower-like plants nearby one of the caves from afar. Already enjoying her temporary worksite. However, Jaks Jr didn't seem to be having the same experience.

Melinoe left Kaaray and Teeseven to gather the supplies while she and Jaks made their way to an installation building across from the landing pad.

"Coldddd," Jaks said weakly.