Chapter Two: An Ancient Flame

Five years had passed, and the four of them were very happy together. Moxxie and Millie had been thinking about starting a family, so they wanted to find the perfect nesting spot for Millie to lay their eggs so they could both raise a family together. Blitz had scoped out the perfect spot for them to make a nest, and he had even written both of their names in the dirt so no one would get confused about whose spot it was. But when he came back to show them, another dinosaur was sitting there instead. "Who would DARE-", Blitz started to say, but his breath was taken away when he saw who it was. It was none other than his old flame, his ex-girlfriend, a Fast Runner named Verosika. "Verosika. What are YOU doing here, you HUSSIE?" "You know her, sir?" "We used to date, it's really not important-", "Ooh, a Fast Runner! I've always wondered what reproducing with a Fast Runner would be like", Millie interjected. "Millie!", Moxxie snapped. "What? You'd want to know what reproducing with one of those Singing Big Things would be like. I know how much you enjoy their music," she winked. "Touché." "Blitzo," Verosika responded. "I always wondered what happened to you after you stole all my tree stars and ran off. I don't even know why you would need them, I KNOW you can't eat them yourself," Verosika pointed out. "I have a daughter now, Verosika, and I try to help her find food to eat as best I can, but it was an emergency. She gets really moody when she's hungry, so I need to keep her well-fed, but I couldn't find anything else for her to eat. I hope you can forgive me, Rossie." "All right, I forgive you, Blitzo, if you really needed them that bad. I wish you would have told me you were having trouble feeding her first, I could have helped you look for more food for her." "I'm sorry, Verosika, I can be a real dummy sometimes." "That's okay, I know you must care about her a lot. I'm just glad the two of us could put this behind us, there aren't a lot of other dinosaurs out here in the Great Valley, it can get pretty lonely sometimes," she sighed. "Yeah, I'm glad we can be friends, too. But can you do me one SMALL favor, as a friend?" "What could that be?", Verosika pondered. "Could you find another place to sit, please? Some friends of mine needed it for something." "Um, I don't see their name on it, or anything." "Yes, it is, it's right LEAFING there!", Blitz pointed at the ground. "Look a little closer, Blitzo," she told him. He took a closer look and saw that "Moxxie & Millie" had been crossed out and that "Verosika" had been written on the ground next to it. "That's not fair! We were here, first!" "What can can I say, you snooze, you lose, Blitzo!", she laughed. "But they really need that spot for something important! It's really... IMPORTANT!", Sky Circle, I said that twice," Blitz facepalmed. "But the closest nesting spot I could use is two miles away. It would be a major inconvenience to have to keep walking there and back all of the time. "But they want to start a family in that nesting spot, they need to have babies! And I want to be a grandpa!", Blitz pleaded. "All right, all right, fine, I'll get it. I can walk the extra two miles to and from here, it'll be okay. The excercise will be good for me, anyway, that'll help me work of all this food I've been eating that's been making me feel dizzy." "Dizzy? What do you mean by that, what kind of food have you been eating?", Blitz asked her, concerned. "I think maybe some wheat, oats, barley, and some grapes that had been sitting out for a while. They gave me a funny feeling, not in my body, but in my mind, like it was disconnecting me from reality somehow, it's hard for me to explain." "Well, that sounds bad, Verosika, you should probably try to eat other things from now on, once you figure out which one is causing it." "It's weird, even though it felt bad, it also felt GOOD, in a weird way, at the same time. It gave me a nice buzz, so, it might be hard for me to stop, but, I'll do my best Blitzo." "And I'll be here to help you whenever you need me," Blitz smiled. "Thank you, Blitzo," Verosika smiled back at him. "Don't mention it, Rossie. And please, call me "Blitz", I thought it would sound better if the "O" was silent. "Okay," Verosika chuckled. "Sure thing, Blitz. But you will come and visit me, won't you?", she asked him. "Whenever I can, Verosika, whenever I can," Blitz replied.