Part III- Chaos

Khushi:

I have finalized my meeting with the event planner and now i am good to go ahead. But somehow i have to keep Mom and Dad out of the house two days before the anniversary so we can prepare everything. Dad usually forgets the anniversary date and Mom has given up on the idea of reminding him everytime. That is why i am giving them a surprise this time. Payal can help me in sending them toward Bua ji's. I will make Bua ji part of this plan so she can keep them there for two days.

I enter inside the home and move towards Payal's room to give her all the updates. She readily agrees to my plan. I am about to leave but then i remember,

"Do you know i met a certain Mr. Raizada today?", I say

"Which one? The older and noisy one, or the young and irritating one", asks payal

"Heyyieee!!!! Aakash is such a sweet person", i say.

"Yeah, sweeter than saccharine. The guy can barely articulate two sentences infront of a girl", she

"And the girl being you?", I inquire

"Yeah, but i kind of find him cute. Kind of", she blushes.

Aakash is Manohar uncle's only son. Manohar uncle is Dad's college friend. We haven't met alot over the past years just here and there but Dad and Manohar uncle share a very great bond.

"So, is there something that i should know?", I inquire.

"No, not at all. I find a thousand men cute so that means that there is something going on?", She fires back

"Ok ok. I was only asking". But i find her tone as wired and defensive. Not wanting to push her more, i change the topic.
______________________

Arnav:

"What have you thought about marriage chotte?", asks nani for the millionth time. Aakash chuckles and i want to wipe that smile off his face with a pesticide.

Or with my dumbbell. Or a bullet.

Devyani Raizada has made it perfectly clear that she expects heirs from her grandsons as she believes herself to be of age and her new past time should be great-grandchildrens. I am the eldest and burdened with the responsibility to produce.

"Bhai, nani is asking something", gaslights Aakash.

Marriage isn't even at the bottom of my to-do-list and neither are children. They are loud, boring, noisy and extremely needy. Did i say dirty? No?. Yes that too.

"Well, i think currently Aakash is the best candiate for Raizada heir productions", i fire back.

"I am asking about you chotte", Nani berates.

"What about me?", I act non-chalant.

"When will you marry?", She asks again while exercising patience.

"I suggest you ask this from my wife", i state calmly.

" You don't have a wife ", she roars.

"And I won't have children either unless you are devoted to some unplanned bastards"

Nani reddens and turns toward Di who looks at me shocked and kicks me under the table.

"Naniii chotte is joking. Right chotte?", She glares at me.

"Yes, whatever", i do a half eye roll and set my napkin on the table to leave.

After working for two straight hours on a spreadsheet, i decided to call it a day. I lie on the bed pondering over Nani's growing affection with marriage that is strengthening every fucking year.

There is no need for a marriage though. All that matters is sex and i get plenty of that from random women.

I also require the expertise of escorts and pay them a fortune and i laboriously contribute toward the indian economy. Precise and clinical mating. Easy and with less relationship drama.

After closing my eyes, i go through the contract with the new contractor, pushing away all the approaching thoughts of nani and marriage and the girl that crashed into me.

Khushi

I exhale her name. Tasting the feel of it on my tongue and i replay our interaction.

Feisty, robust and insolent. Perfect definition of a woman.

I envision those red lips and i can not stop the temperature of my blood from rising.

There's definitely something wrong with me. I shouldn't be thinking about her like this. It was just a bad day and there is nothing to take serious i console myself and somehow, i fall asleelp.
_______________________