Chapter 1 - "He is a Killer, Sweetheart."

"Homelander! You're a dead man!" She bellowed running as fast as she could jumping into the air practically launching herself at him, only to come down with all her weight into a punch across his face.

She landed beside him on her knee looking up only to see he hadn't moved an inch. He brought his hand up to his cheek touching against it gently feeling a small cut releasing droplets of blood from the opening. "You have certainly improved but-"

He took two steps backwards from the force of another punch uppercutting his jaw. "-I tried to make this easier for you!" He raised his voice trying to stop the woman from attacking him any further.

"You killed my parents and my sister!"

"Your sister tried to kill me."

"That's because you murdered our parents, and you left my baby nephew without a mother." She cried gritting her teeth with her hands bawled up. "As long as one of you are alive that's all that Vought cares about so if you think about it, I saved you!" He spat.

"You saved me?!"

"You are the only one of your family left! They are forced to keep you alive, especially with your nieces' lack of abilities." Hearing the man that she used to trust say this killed her, she began to get shallower and shallower breaths as her body filled with anger and grief. They were both only starting their careers as Vigilantes and Heroes, and at the ripe age of nineteen they both fought publicly. Camera men and news reporters selling their soul to try and catch a glimpse of them, the first Supe on Supe fight in history.

The only difference was that no matter who was right and who was wrong, the hero was always going to be the person who won the fight, because that's what people needed. But with heroes there are always villains, and that fight caused the first villain to be born.

20 YEARS LATER

"What is it like to be considered a villain to the people?" A young man asked dropping to sit down beside the self-proclaimed 'good guy'. She sighed and rolled her eyes looking at her nephew. "No one will ever see me as anything else, not after the Homelander showdown."

So many theories have flown around the globe about the fight and who it was with and only she, her nephew and John knew the truth.

Homelander left her with a threat, bloodied and beaten that day, "I won't kill you out of convenience and decency, but you drop from being a hero. No more of 'The Mystic' unless you make the deal with me. Don't let your family's death be in vain."

He offered offering his hand out to her.

She snapped out of her little flashback from her nephew shaking her. "Hey, you okay?"

"Never better." She grumbled getting up from her seat letting a cold draft hit Markus like a truck. "Can you check for Hughie at work? I haven't been able to find him."

"Could you not find a pay phone?" He shook his head and sighed "No one uses those anymore and they are more than likely going to eat my money. This is what happens when we cannot have mobile phones." He whined similar to the way he did as a teenager crying out for a mobile phone. But she couldn't afford letting Homelander know that she was still in the country.

She left the small apartment and before leaving she yelled "Don't forget to re-lock!" She slammed the door shut hearing the multitude of locks jingle after the small slam of the door. Out into the streets she put on her hat and continued walking. Once she walked into the 'Computer hardware she quickly realised that Markus's friend was not on shift today.

"Excuse me, do you happen to know where Hughie Campbell is?" She asked leaning across the glass counter resting on her arms on the cold glass.

"Didn't you hear? There was a break in and hasn't been seen since. They drove a car into the window, a shit ton of blood too."