Chapter 3

Error quickly shut the door, practically running to the basement, grabbing his now very warm blanket, which was now its original pure white color. He rushed to the living room, his soul screaming with pain of loss, as he sat in his chair, wrapping the warm blanket around himself.

He could feel the castle surround him with warmth as he screamed his heart out. The tears streamed from his face as his right hand reached over and grasped the arm of Night’s chair. How was he supposed to survive without them?

They were his everything, he wanted to kill those who killed his family. He wanted to hold them in his arms and never let go. He couldn’t deal with the loss, he wanted to join them.

But he was immortal, he couldn’t die.

That was his only problem.

Unknown to him, his souls screams could be heard all throughout the multiverse. They could feel his loss, his pain, his want to kill, but what scared them the most.

Was the want to join those he had lost. It was so powerful, and so painful.

The emotions that were being casted slowly started fading away. They could feel how tired his soul was.

This worlds Nightmare turned to this worlds Blue, they both knew they needed to help him.

They grabbed anything they thought would help.

They quickly teleported to Destinyswap, running up to the door and knocking.

Error lifted his head, a slight headache forming in his skull. He could hear the knocking.

He was tired, but he got up trudging towards the door.

The magic of the one who was furiously knocking felt familiar. Hugging the white blanket closer to himself.

He pulled the magic from the door, opening it. Seeing the other Nightmare and Blue.

Their concerned posture turned to a more calmer manner.

“May we come in?” Error stared at Blue before turning to the side, allowing them in.

They looked around, amazed at the inside. Since this place looked sort of broken down outside.

They quickly snapped out of it and followed Error to the living room.

Error sealed the castle again, which he swears he’s getting tired of.

As Error sat down the other two entered the room. Seeing the chairs sitting by the fire.

Only when they got in front of the chairs did they realize why they were sitting by the fire.

“Are these?” Error nodded at Nightmare.

“We should Introduce ourselves, I am Cobalt, this is Altair.” Blu- Cobalt said.

Altair stepped forward and slowly held out a warm weighted blanket.

“Why are you helping me?” Error asked, “Both because it’s my job, and the fact no one should feel this way.” Error chuckled at Altair, who now seemed confused.

Error leaned back into his chair, sighing he looked at the fire.

“Haven’t heard anyone say that since..” Error trailed off while turning his gaze to Night's crown resting on his chair.

Seeming to take the hint they decided to move topics.

“Well, how long has it been since you ate something?” Error slowly looked at him. “This morning before you tried to break into the castle.” Error answered, Cobalt faltered slightly, that meant he ate breakfast and skipped lunch. “Why?” Error asked, “Well, you must have been upset for quite
a while, because it’s currently 7:15.”  Altair stated, Error's eyes widened at that.

“Question, how long has my au been here?” . “About a week, why?” Cobalt answered.

“I must have slept for longer than I thought.”... Error pushed that to the back of his mind as Cobalt moved to the kitchen and Altair seemed to be looking for a place to sit.

Error used his magic to drag a chair to him.

“Thank you, Error.”

He shrugged and went back to staring at the fire. “So, what type of magic are you using?”

Altair questioned. “Do you not have this type of magic?” Error questioned.

“We do, it’s just we’ve never seen anyone come even close to the amount of magic you’re putting out.

Not to mention your defense magic is stronger than anything I’ve seen.”

Error chuckled at that.

“I have no clue if it’s the same for you guys. But where I come from, it’s either natural for someone to be born or develop this much magic. While others would kill, rip and tear, or do anything to get high strength.” Error said with a tired tone as Altair listened intently, sure, that was a bit off putting, however assuming Error was talking of his own AU and not a separate multiverse entirely, he thought he was learning of this AUs past. As when an AU is made and is destroyed already, the Sans is the most likely to know the backstory.

Error caught his attention. “However, while some would kill, they also had a good reason to.
When the population would tip the balance and almost kill everyone. These people would go and kill people, leaving the mothers and children alone while bringing them to a safe zone.
They mainly went after elder people or those who were abusive. And despite saving the universe multiple times. They were hated for their job, people would try to kill them for it.”

Altair seemed to catch on pretty quickly.

“Were you and your family the ones who had that job?”

Error nodded.
“We were naturally gifted with high magic, so all the killing we had to do made us seem crazy.
Mainly because no one really knew of said balance.”

Error added.

Suddenly the smell of delicious food filled the room. Error slowly got up from his chair and walked to the kitchen, followed by a concerned Altair who seemed to notice something.

“Error, are you ok?!” Altair asked frantically.

Error was confused until he saw the blood on his blanket. “Guess I forgot to rebandage my spine.”

Cobalt put down the food and looked at Errors back.

He then also panicked. Error sighed, “I’ll be right back, let me go fix it.”

As Error left they saw him go upstairs.

Once he was out of their sight they looked at each other with concern.

“I think the situation is worse than we think it is.” Altair stated as Cobalt nodded along.

“Way worse, do you think he’ll continue to let us in to check on him? Because he seemed very hesitant to do so earlier.”  Cobalt questioned aloud.

Altair began to make everyone plates while Cobalt was thinking aloud.

“I have no clue, he seems to like us though, maybe we resemble people he knew, because those items in the chairs look awfully alike to my crown and your bandana.”
Altair said without any thought. Just then Cobalt had an idea.

“If what I theorize is true, then all his friends must have been Sanses. Which means if we can get a good look at those Items then we might be able to find more people to help!”

Altair shrugged, “Maybe, but some of those items look like they’re from a horror or dust au.”

Cobalt froze up a little, “That shouldn’t be a problem if he was used to his friends.”  Cobalt said with a smile. Altair smiled at that, “True.”.