Missing and returned

A/n: I hardly remember the specific dialogue and plot of the episodes so some things might just be different from the actually plot of the show. Also some things might happen from episodes that take place before this story so just assume this is the first time it's happened.

Y/n is on his orbiter... alone.
Michael and elise are gone.
You haven't seen them ever since balas banished you back to the void. you were gone for a while and the drifter took your place while you were gone. When you came back there was no trace of your friends and the drifter has never even heard of them. your hope is lost as you drift aimlessly in space.

Ordis: operator?

Y/n: yes ordis...
(You say so glum)

Ordis: the others may be gone but you have lotus and me still
(He says trying to comfort you)

Y/n: I guess... but what if something happened to them, what if there in trouble and need me. I have to find them!

Ordis: they are tenno operator. They can and will survive whatever comes at them, just as you have. There is no need to worry for them, I'm sure they will return safely but for now the solar system needs you.

Y/n: I guess your right ordis. I just don't know if I can do this on my own. I always had them with me. I never been alone before.

The final sentence echos out through a boys head. He begins to awake.

Steven: ahh.

He yelps sitting up.
He looks around to see him and the gems along with ordis on a raft off the shore of an island Jasper was last seen at.

Steven: we still haven't found her?

He sighs as he falls onto his back.

Steven: I feel like we've been waiting for two years.

Pearl: ughh, stevens right we've been out here for light years. Jasper is not out here

Amethyst: uhh light years is the the measurement of distance not time.

She says annoying pearl.

garnet: then we will head back, it's time for Steven to go to bed.

(Time skip)
The gems are back home.

Steven gets in his pajamas ready for bed.

The gems are all upstairs with Steven putting him to sleep.

But while trying to sleep steven looks at the gems. He noticed how exhausted they look.

Steven: you guys look exhausted! Don't you ever sleep?

Garnet: we look awesome.

The gems look drowsy and barely functional.

Steven: cmon guys! Have you ever tried to sleep.

pearl: we are gems Steven, we have no need for sleep.

Steven: what about you ordis, do you sleep? I mean actually sleep with dreams and all not just going unconscious.

Ordis: hmm, I never actually tried the real way

He ponders at the thought

Ordis: I'll try tonight, for you Steven

He says cheerfully

Steven smiles at ordis while pear looks jealously and scoffs at ordis

Pearl: hmph, Steven I'll try to sleep

She says making quotations with her fingers.

She then lays down and but unsuccessfully sleeps after several attempts.

Steven however drifts off to sleep.

(The rest of the episode continues, I'm not gonna just copy and paste the episode here like other story's. Go watch the episode if you wanna know what happens)

After garnet face plants into the floor, Steven giggles a little bit then suddenly ordis's(?) dream begins to project from his gem much like pearls. however Steven is the only one awake to see it.

he sees a boy alone on a spaceship, the boy from the dreams he's been having ever since ordis has arrived

Steven: y/n

He doesn't know who he is but he's seen him in his dreams and when he asked ordis who he was. Ordis simply said he doesn't know. Steven watches the dream and it's the same one he had on the raft from earlier. Except it's after the part after he woke up.

(Dream)

Y/n goes to his nav console, looking for any alerts that need to be answered. However he only finds one. It's a message from Michael, when y/n opens the message it's distorted and broken, but he got all the information he needed.

"Y/n it's mi-l I need you - go to tau - it's Elise- she's————"

The message is dead after that.

Ordis: what are they doing in tau?!

Y/n ignores him focused on the message. y/n now knows where he needs to go. he inputs the coordinates on his nav system and prepares to jump through the void once more as they did all those years ago.

Y/n: hold on guys, I'm coming.

His ship warps and with a flash it's gone. Y/n hopes in his absence the other remaining tenno can take care of the solar system

(Dream ends)

Ordis wakes up to see Steven looking at him.

Steven: he's real! He has to be! How can you also have dreams of him Unless they're memories.

He says amazed in shocked
but now he ponders. if y/n is real, so is all the other stuff from his dreams of y/n. So was y/n from a world, future...... or past

(I know my chapters are short but I don't like to write filler like other writers. I just like to get to the point)

A/n: I know it's been a long while since I updated but in defense of why I didn't post for two years,
I was simply vibing with other stuff. I was writing stories off Wattpad for dnd and my friends. but now I'm back and I'm gonna finish this story and if your expecting like 40 chapters or a long continuous story your gonna be disappointed. This was always meant to be short and like 25 chapters max. it's more a "what if" type of story.  Anyway I'll try to pump out the rest since I'm free right now. And I mean it this time, I know I said it before and just vanished after but I'm gonna force myself to finish this story since I started it I have to atleast finish it. 
As usually let me know if any grammar mistakes and spelling errors and leave a comment to motivate me to keep writing. Bye