𝒯𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒜 𝒲𝒶𝓁𝓀 𝒲𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝑀𝑒 - 𝒵𝒽𝑜𝓃𝑔𝓁𝒾 𝓍 𝑅𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇♣

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

A Zhongli Head Cannon in which - the details of his favourite past time with the reader is revealed

◣━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◢

Genre: Fluff - Includes playful teasing. Shy!Zhongli.

Enjoy~!

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

'With bare soles upon the walkway, they came as their vulnerable selves

'With bare soles upon the walkway, they came as their vulnerable selves.'

◣━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◢

» He would never admit it out loud however, the God of Geo's favourite pastime with his lover is overlooking Liyue from one of its highest peaks, as he carves every feature of their face into his memory.

» Qingyun Peak and Mt. Hulao being the particular spot he holds close to his decaying heart.

»Morax is very bashful about initiating this specific outing. He often uses his contract with his lover as an excuse to take them to these locations for the sole purpose of sitting and basking in their presence.

Languid strides carried the living, earthen vessel alongside his female companion. The breath of Liyue's harbour travelled and blossomed in brilliant arcs through the gentle rays of sunlight. There was a bubbling urge inside of him. A desperate need for a change of scenery - somewhere secluded that only someone as exquisite as the Fontaine opera singer could appreciate.

Fresh off signing and sealing a couple's most formidable contract - the commitment of matrimony - and succeeding a blissful honeymoon, Zhongli hadn't readied himself to relinquish his spouse to her homeland. Though she would only be separated from him for approximately three days, for the sole purpose of tying up loose ends before completely moving to Liyue; the mere thought of being apart from (Y/N) surged a violent trough of anxiety.

Eventually, the pitiful God succumbed to his disquietude, his limbs moving before his mouth could speak and he found his hand clutching on to the muted champagne chiffon draped over her arms. "My love." He started, his vocals unstable and weary, unable to process the needy clench and twist of his beating heart. Then she turned her frame in the slightest, to face him and looked directly at his glossy pools of amber. She could see his adams apple leap as he tried his utmost best to compose himself. After all, he couldn't dare let his natural suave falter before her. He swore to always be the epitome of perfection in her presence, as that is what someone of her stature and grace deserved. Nothing more, nothing less.

However, as he peered down at her smaller stature, the delicate ravenous coils that framed her face, fluttering eyelashes quaintly tucked behind the round frames of her glasses, noctilucous jade decorating her ears and collar bone and the slight shimmer highlighting the cupids bow of her lips, he visibly relaxed. He was reminded how their own union as a couple was written in the constellation of her eyes. Not a thing of human-kind or laws existed in his thoughts, as he was convinced, yet again, that Celestia had brought together two souls that were already betrothed.

"Yes, Sir Rex~?" her delicious soprano teased, giving rise to a faint rosy hue on his cheeks and ears. (Y/N) was no fool. She was well aware that her new spouse wasn't sheepish, unless he wanted to escort her to his favourite place. Some part of her enjoyed seeing him quite literally squirm as he tried to convey his thoughts about the visit. The opera singer never questioned his actions when it came to these excursions. As the wife of the famed Morax, she was simply satisfied with the fact that he was comfortable enough with her to allow his vulnerability to seep past the stone cold visage. Even though it was rare. It made it all the more special.

"I would like to watch the sunset at Qingyun Peak with you, before you leave for Fontaine tonight. . . if . .. that is alright with you. . . . my love." Zhongli's free hand made a poor attempt at covering the lower half of his face. His orbs desperately searched for another object of focus. Anything that wasn't the rare beauty standing before him. (Y/N)'s face bloomed. The corner's of her eyes crinkled with the high rise of the apples of her cheeks. She took a step closer to him, the top of her head just barely touching the lower half of his pectorals. "Do you know how adorable I find you right now?" She said through a breathy giggle. "Of course, darling. I'd love to witness the sunset with you, in your arms."

She then rested her head against his chest, his arms instantly securing themselves around her lower back as he peaked down at her through his lashes. "Though I must say, the view of the sunset is incomparable to the sight of my husband basking in the setting sun."

. . Poor Zhongli. . . .

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

Hope this drabble was an enjoyable read. Don't forget to vote, comment and share! Check out my other works if you care to.

Zhongli Art Source: https://www.pockettactics.com/genshin-impact/zhongli

-Raven <3

◣━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◢