15)Her Ex

"Jennie."

Jennie's jaw loosened. The years had changed Hyuna. Gone were the bright, fiery eyes that she had admired Nine years ago. Gone was the confident, lively aura that made her attractive to Jennie's eyes a decade ago. In place of them were hard, mean eyes and an older, experienced cynical mood emanating around her.

"You . . . you're their leader?" Jennie asked, aghast at the twist of events. She couldn't be sure how Hyuna had changed. Had she learned a little more compassion? Or had she lost the last thread of humanity in the past nine years? One thing Jennie was sure of, Hyuna had been a terror in combat back then and was not going to be easy to fight. It would be best to talk her way out of this but Hyuna was likely to give her Lisa without a fight.

"What are you doing here."

"Your men abducted me."

"Fuck." Hyuna looked at the men lying helpless on the ground. "Useless idiots. Can't even grab a girl without giving me problems." Her eyes shifted to Jennie's again. "You shouldn't have been there."

"I'm Lisa's bodyguard."

Hyuna sneered. "Working for the rich now? Never thought you would stoop so low."

"It's an honest living."

"Bullshit. You're just a slave to a rich man."

Jennie held her tongue. Pissing Hyuna off was not a good idea.

"Got nothing to say?"

Jennie plucked up her courage and looked into Hyuna's eyes. She could hold her own ground now. "How have you been?"

Hyuna flinched as though she had not been expecting a question like that. She opened her mouth to answer but a shrill scream pierced the bubble around them. Jennie stiffened. It was Lisa.

"Stupid bitch," Hyuna spat in the direction of the car and waggled her gun at Jennie. "You. You injured my men. So you'll get the bitch to shut up. Now." She kicked dirt at one man and snarled at them. "Get up and fix yourselves. Stop sitting there groaning like a bitch."

Jennie moved to the source of the screaming. It came from a zipped up luggage bag in the back seat. "Lisa, it's me, Jennie," she said loudly. The screaming stopped. "It's okay, Lisa. I'm gonna get you out."

"Help me, Jennie. Quickly."

"I'm getting you out now," said Jennie as she pulled on the zip to open the bag. She pushed the top down and Lisa sat up and threw her arms around Jennie's neck.

"Jennie . . ." she sobbed. "I thought I would never see you again ."

"Enough. Shut up already," Hyuna snapped from behind.

"Lisa, don't worry. I'll keep you safe. Come on, try standing up," Jennie said to the trembling woman. She put her hands under Lisa's arms as support and helped the restrained woman out of the car and onto her feet. "You're okay," she said again, when Lisa leaned against her and screamed. "It's okay."

"W-What's going on?" asked Lisa, looking from Jennie to Hyuna in confusion.

"We've been kidnapped." Jennie squeezed Lisa's arms.

"Shut her up, Jennie."

A thousand questions flashed in Lisa's eyes.

"This is not the way I wanted to do this but," Jennie nodded at the woman currently pointing a gun at them, "she's the ex I told you about."

Lisa stared at her, mouth opened.

"Move them inside," Hyuna barked at her men and they trudged to them.