Chapter 4 - Hanging Out

We pulled into a driveway, on some random street I never heard of.

"You live here?" I asked her.

"I live a few houses over, but if he saw us get in this car, he will check this house first. Follow me." She said going in the backyard of the house, she went under the fence a few times then went into a brown house.

"You live here?" I asked.

"Yes."

We walked in, I saw several people, and I didn't see all of their faces because some were behind others. We went into the basement and opened a secret door, it looked like a bookshelf. We walked in and she opened a cabinet, she took the piece of wood of and we all went into the hole, she closed the cabinet, locked it, then put the wood back in its place. She turned the lights on. There were computers, food, cots and more room than I thought.

"Okay so Raelyn, This is Nathan, Noah, Peter, Nikki, and everyone this is Raelyn." Claire said introducing me to everyone.

"Hiro didn't come?" Claire asked.

"Ando and Hiro are in Japan right now too." Nathan said to Claire.

"Raelyn?" A familiar voice said.

"Yes?" I answered.

A guy turned around. It was the man who saved me from the truck!

"Claire you know him?" I asked.

"Yes, this is Peter, Why?" Claire answered.

"This is the guy who saved me from the truck yesterday." I said.

"You said his name was Pierce." Claire said.

"I guess I made a mistake." I said.

We waited there for a while; we got a call from Mohinder saying that Sylar left the city and that the school was closed.

"Come on Raelyn, I'll bring you home." Peter said, grabbing the keys and opening the doors.

We got in the car.

"Claire never told me what was going on." I told Peter.

"Well to be honest, I don't know what to tell you, Claire will explain everything." Peter told me.

Peter and I talked until we got to my house, we laughed a lot.

Peter walked me to the door.

"Sweetie! Are you okay? I got a call from the school-"

My mom stopped and looked at Peter.

"Mom, this is Peter, Peter this is Rachel, my mom." I told her.

"I know, Come inside Rae." My mom said, starting to close the door.

"Wait how do you know him?" I asked her.

"We went to high school together." Peter said.

Peter looked at my mom then looked at me and left.

"Bye Peter." I said, waving.

My mom closed the door.

"How do you know him Rae?" My mom asked me.

"He knows Claire." I told her, not telling her that he saved me from a semi-truck because she would freak.

"Raelyn, I don't want you to be hanging out with older men just because your friends do it." My mom said.

"What? That older guy saved my life yesterday and he's related to Claire."

I told my mom, realizing that I told her he saved me.

"What do you mean he saved your life?" My mom asked.

"I was walking back from school and a car backed up and he kind of just pushed me out of the way." I said, under-exaggerating the real situation so that she would be less freaked out.

"Why didn't you tell me Raelyn?" She asked.

"I don't know, you never asked." I answered.

"Well anyways Rae, I don't want you hanging out with him, that's it." She said walking upstairs.

I was kind of mad at my mom, I understood that she didn't want me to go around hanging out with men twice my age but Peter was fun.